INVISIBLE after 27 days Search BUG

Roy0
Level 2
Oak Park, MI

INVISIBLE after 27 days Search BUG

Hello everyone,

One of my listings becomes invisible in the searches after 27 days, unfortunately the winters here in Michigan I only rent monthly so this is killing me, anyone that wants a booking 28+ will never see me. It took Airbnb 3 WEEKS to just tell me it was a bug, so if they were that slow to just tell me it was a bug (which I kind of already figured out it must be) I wonder how long it will take to fix the bug.

Anyone else have this bug? Frustrated with the Airbnb support? I know I am! I need some sort of workaround.

Thank you

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Roy0,

Some time ago a guy posted about that problem and said that Airbnb told him that a listing must have a monthly discount set in order for it to show in search results for 28+ days.

The maximum stay must also be set to something more than 28.

I tried it as a test on my listing by setting a 1% monthly discount and max of 40 nights. Before doing that it did not appear in search results for a 30 day stay. After setting the discount it did show.

This is the old post.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Bug-apartment-only-shows-for-up-to-28-days-periods-although...

Steve.

Hi @Steve143, thank you for the feedback, I had this issue before and the monthly discount fixed it, this is a brand new problem, have a 30% monthly discount, maximum stay is 999. Many airbnb reps have tested it and none could make it work for 28 nights or longer, supposedly was sent to a higher level and confirmed as a bug, problem is that any confirmation is not getting me bookings (I'm only taking monthly bookings for the winter) and it's going to be close to a month since I discovered the problem (this might explain why I didn't get any long terms requests this year when I had a few last year) and very weak response/help from Airbnb, I even ask them if there was some type of workaround and they have gong silent again, of course they're not the ones that have to pay the mortgage, not happy with their support.

Anybody else have this issue? Airbnb has confirmed that it's a bug but they don't provide a work-around or even a response that there won't be a work around anytime soon, just crickets, very, very frustrating, it's going to be month since I reported this, totally unacceptable from Airbnb to not give feedback to the hosts that support this platform, even if it is that it can't be solved anytime soon at least I know the action I need to take based on that info. In the meantime I can't rent monthly, I might have to try another platform so I can get some bookings!

Hello @Roy0,

Found another setting that might be worth trying.

In the "Logistics" section under "Amenities" for a listing there's a "Long term stays allowed" box.

It might be worth checking if that's set.

Steve.

Hi @Steve143,

Thank you very much for the response, hadn't seen this setting before "Long term stays allowed", it's already checked though, the mystery continues.