IRS , WRONG TAXES RETAINED OUTSIDE USA

Guille-and-Fabi0
Level 2
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

IRS , WRONG TAXES RETAINED OUTSIDE USA

I was very happy with airbnb in overall and specially with the costumer service. Im mexican with properties in méxico and of course accounts here. One day Airbnb started to take  (added to the mexican local taxes) a 30% for the USA  IRS. That of course is only for accounts, properties and citizens from there. When Airbnb took the first USD 50 I called to costumer service, they dint help me, they only passed my problem to the legal area. The legal area wrote me a message one week after (for that moment I lost another USD 200 retained for the IRS).  A person from the legal area in Airbnb called Jameela told me that I had to fill a sheet with my TAX info. The sheet and the explanation was very confuse and not thinked for people living outside USA,  I sent a lot of other emails to Jameela with my doubts, but  she never help me in how to solve the problem, she only sent automated messages with the same answer and no clear info. Finally I filled the sheet for the IRS and they stopped to retain the 30% but in total they took me more than USD 400, and Airbnb dont want to refund me nothing. Really is an abuse and a robbery. Im doing all the claims in all the ways possible and hope they solve my problem. I think that is good to give this info to other host to avoid this situations. 

4 Replies 4
Cesar75
Level 1
Monterrey, Mexico

Hi Guille, same situation with me, but they took $1,457.15 between January and February....Same girl Jameela only automated messages no calls or callback number, did you get any other response? Contact me if interested...+5218182530809

Cesar please respond to me . Help 

Michelle971
Level 2
Cancún, Mexico

ME ALSO HELP

Michelle971
Level 2
Cancún, Mexico

Please what happened. I’m EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED WITH AIRBNB