Idaho Sales Tax

George204
Level 2
Twin Falls, ID

Idaho Sales Tax

I have a condo in Sun Valley that I've just begun renting on AirBnB, with one completed rental so far. According to their website, AirBnB collects Idaho's 6% sales and 2% convention taxes, leaving me to pay Sun Valley's 4% occupancy tax myself. However, in looking at the information on my completed rental, AirBnB shows an amount the guests paid, the AirBnB fee, and my net, which equals the "amount paid" less the fee. I don't see on there where my guests paid the sales and convention taxes. Does AirBnB charge the sales taxes on top of the "amount paid," and if so, is there a way for me to confirm that these taxes were collected by AirBnB? Sun Valley requires that a copy of the state sales tax return be included with the city occupancy tax form; right now I have no way of proving that the state sales taxes have already been collected.

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@George204. For the taxes that Airbnb collects on your behalf, yes, it is added to the total payment guests make when booking.  You should be able to see the amount of taxes collected by Airbnb in your Transaction History under Gross Earnings. 

Does that help?

I also live in Sun Valley, I can't figure that out yet...