If I send money via Resolution center, how much does my guest receive?

Jussi3
Level 2
TKU, FI

If I send money via Resolution center, how much does my guest receive?

Let's say, my guest booked paying 100$. After Airbnb fees, I get 84$.

After the stay, we agree with the guest that the price should be only 50 % of what he paid.

I go to resolution center and I pay back half of my earnings, it is 42$.

Does my guest then receive 50$, i.e. half of what he paid (meaning that also half of the Airbnb fee is compensated)?

Or, does my guest receive 42$ (which means that Airbnb anyways takes its share using the original 100$ booking as reference point, and so my guest's payment is 58$ in the end, not 50 what we aim at)?

Or, does he receive LESS than 42$ for some extra Airbnb fee for money transfer between users?

For me, the first option would be just - it means also Airbnb reduces its fee as the booking fee is reduced by mutual agreement of host and guest.

What will happen in reality, who knows?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Jussi3 ,

The amount sent is the amount transferred.

Only if you change the reservation (option "change" ) the fees are calculated accordingly.

Which is the best option to manage changes, allthough it can only be used before or during the stay.

best regards, Emiel

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Jussi3 if you Alter the reservation then the guest will also receive back some of the ABB service fee in addition to whatever money you credit them, BUT if you send them $ thru the RC then that does not return them anything other than what you sent. The catch here is that alterations must happen during the stay and RC claims can happen after a stay