If the property no longer has the pool advertised, can I make the host cancel the reservation

Qwer12340
Level 1
Neenah, WI

If the property no longer has the pool advertised, can I make the host cancel the reservation

We are beyond the refund time period if we cancel.  We will just lose the money.  The host just reached out to tell us the pool will not be available.  The pool is the first picture on the listing and the best part of this florida property.  They want us to switch to another similar property, but we do not like it as well.  Can we force them to cancel us and give us a refund so we can rent a different location?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Qwer12340 

Yes I think you can. I suggest you call customer services and ask them to cancel it due to a fundamental amenity being unavailable. They may well also sort you out different accommodation that does meet your requirements.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Qwer12340 

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Qwer12340   I would think that if the pool was listed as an amenity when you booked and is now no longer available that airbnb will allow you to cancel w/out a penalty.  But no one can 'force' a host to cancel a reservation.

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

Sounds like you have a fair request. This may be a good reason to receive a refund