If you do your own cleaning how do you charge extra?

Richard1807
Level 2
Quindalup, AU

If you do your own cleaning how do you charge extra?

We recently had a group of youngsters in who left the place in a less than satisfactory state.

The Parents agreed that it was not good and said they'd get the $'s of the other young adults and send through.

Then they said they did not want to be responsible for all the young adults.

They did not pay anything, I involved ABB.

ABB wanted official receipts for the extra cleaning.....

We did the majority ourselves, 5 hours we have an invoice for and the last minute fill in we paid cash.

ABB have offered to pay the amount of the invoice.....$150 versus $240 asked for.

My question to the forum is how does one justify extra time if you are doing it yourselves???

I am upset by the lack of protection that reliable hosts are offered on the platform......

For context we have had over 600 bookings - only asked for extra cleaning costs twice.

Got paid in full the first time.......

Rich

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Was this a third party reservation?  I am confused by where the responsibility lies.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Richard1807 I guess it's not surprising the young people were disrespectful of your place, with people like that for parents. Airbnb always want official receipts, so it's really best in these circumstances to hire someone in rather than do it yourself.  Except one never knows if fickle Airbnb is actually going to come through with compensation. Not sure if you have any recourse. Which is unfortunate because your time is worth compensation for sure.