Igloohome keyless lock reviews

Nicole83
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Igloohome keyless lock reviews

Just wondering if anyone has used Igloohome keyless locks and if so, how effective they are, and what the service is like? Airbnb recommends them but they have terrible customer service, so I am wondering if they will treat existing customers even worse! I am trying to purchase their product and it seems to be all too hard already. Would love to hear other people's experiences.

44 Replies 44
Superhost-William-and-Sh0
Level 3
George Town, Malaysia

I would like to know how good is this sytem is. The founder of this system is an Airbnb host too but his review is average and I'm wondering how good is the system is and is it really worth the price. He is not a superhost and his airbnb review is average. 

Regards

William **

Superhost

I use igloohome. 

It is very efficient that no need to exchange key. But there is problem with the usage. It is not quite stable and 40% of guests having problem using it. Like sometimes guests just cannot open the door, I don't know why. Maybe it is because of the door. 

It has a lot of potential though. I do hope there will be some improvement so that we can keep using it and still able to deliver good guest experience.  

Felipe67
Level 1
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile

HI! What do you mean by "it cannot open door"? The remote functionality won't work, or is it that when you manually enter the code the door won't open?

I'm really keen on buying this, so any advice would be helpful!

I would advice against buying this product. I had a suitaution where the keylock  simply failed while I was travelling away. It refused to come on so the guest could key in the code and my guest was unable to access my apartment.  Luckily I had a backup within the neighbourhoof with a key. But imagine how horrible that would be for the guest not to be able to get in.

I got my cleaner to change the batteries and still no luck.  I have not been able to get any sense about what had gone wrong from igloo support and they say they could replace it BUT they are being impossible about demanding I send them a video to show why it isnt working and the hard copy proof of purchase. They wont accept the email advice that When I biought it and have paid by credit card and say they cant open my video attachment. I have already bought a more reliable keysafe and Ma just going to take the loss. DONT BUY IT.

Cassandra

Superhost

Cassandra,

What is the more reliable keysafe that you have purchased?  Igloohome was fairly easy to use; however, mine stopped working and I have already tried 2 more bluetooth box to no avail.

What did you buy instead?

Which version do you use? Is it the old version or the newer deadbolt 2?

I would not get one if they offered it for free. This compnay will just waste your time. First of all their customer service is very poor, they still havent figured out how to deliver their product, which is just sad. Its a great idea, but needs tons of work. DO NOT BUY, unless you want to waste 300 odd bucks.

Dzidra-and-Ronald0
Level 1
Clive, New Zealand

I purchased an Igloohome smart lock a few months ago through the Airbnb site, and even though the installation wasn't available in New Zealand, it was a breeze to install and program the lock. I would certainly recommend this product to anyone who wants to make their door entries easier.

Melinda35
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

I do use it since last autumn and consider it definitely a brilliant tool/idea. I use it only in case I cannot meet the guests personally because lets face it based on statistics and my practice too, the majority of the guests arrive weekdays, in the middle of the day when I am normally at work. It is really convenient to use the keybox to give access to the house. 

One more thing: did it happened to anybody that the guest sent a message just before their arrival that the plane/train/bus whatever has delay? Well in this case you could go home and return later OR use the keybox.

Yes, some of the guests have difficulties in entering the PIN code others don't depending on their skills or some other factors but until now I never had to go in a hurry to open the door.

Hello Melinda.

where did you buy the igloohome smart keybox and how long did it take to deliver?

thank you.

m.

It’s irrelevant... as it won’t work when you get it, and they won’t refund the cost. DO NOT BUY

Hi Miro, Sorry but I did not discover your question only now. I ordered it directly from igloohome from their homepage.

Tom-and-Beth0
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

New product launch and they definitely don't have the problems worked out - somewhat of a big deal when you cannot meet guests and the darn thing malfunctions.  We have no confidence after a couple issues, so have another conventional lockbox as a backup.