Igloohome keyless lock reviews

Nicole83
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Igloohome keyless lock reviews

Just wondering if anyone has used Igloohome keyless locks and if so, how effective they are, and what the service is like? Airbnb recommends them but they have terrible customer service, so I am wondering if they will treat existing customers even worse! I am trying to purchase their product and it seems to be all too hard already. Would love to hear other people's experiences.

44 Replies 44
Thao7
Level 1
City of Manila, Philippines

Any update for July 2017 for this topic? I seriously am tempted to buy one.

The deadbolt is working great. There were a few issues which Igloohome took care of. The CEO personally contacted me to solve some of the technical issues. I have installed the deadblot at my house and its working great. Soon i will install another one at my airbnb!

Is it outside your door? I am just worried about it freezing being in Canada. Can anyone confirm if it works still in -40!

Thanks!

DO NOT BUY THIS LOCK.

it simply doesn’t work.

we had it replaced, and it still DOES NOT WORK. We have had to give keys to all our guest check ins again.

The staff at Igloo take NO RESPONSIBILITY and palm you off to different staff members.

The Australian stockist is run by Sam Neaves, ans supported by Nigel who is rude and has no idea about the product.

The Aust Stockist is also in Brisbane, ans there is no support in Sydney.

We asked for our money back with in 1 month of it not working and numerous bad checkin reviews from guests, and Nigel sent us a legal letter saying it will not be refunded.

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND AGRIVATION.

I am simply looking for a digital lockbox, not really concerned with a smart lockbox or door lock. Just simply a digital keypad that opens the key box.  Do you have a recommendation?  I was considering the igloohome but it's not getting good reviews on airbnb. Thanks in advance

Daniel750
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

Guys, I just started as a host on Airbnb but the home I have listed isn't even in my city. I mostly want a smart lock to: 1) allow me to remotely create codes for certain periods of time and 2) let me know when and who is going into the house (for example, the cleaning lady). Do you think this is my best option? (I saw the Schlage sense but it needs a recent AppleTV so that´s no good).

Hello Daniel,

We've had the igloohome smartlock for several months.  Our experience is they haven't yet worked out all the issues, so we are never sure if it will work or not.  We have one at our San Francisco home (since we live here) but would never install one at our (remote) home in France.  Guests have all sorts of issues operating it - from the keypad (blue - so they are unable to see the numbers during the day) to not intuitive to sometimes the darn thing just doesn't work.  We want to be behind this product 150%, but it's just not yet tested tried and true .....  

Purchase at own risk.

Beth

Hi Beth,

Just for the record - is your Igloohome Version 01 or Version 02? I noticed that your post was a little while back and since then the new Igloohome V02 has been released with updates to combat some of the downsides of the version 01 - for instance the fact that you need Wifi.

Thanks,

Sam 🙂

DO NOT BUY THIS LOCK.

it simply doesn’t work.

the guests are confused by it.

we had it replaced, and it still DOES NOT WORK. We have had to give keys to all our guest check ins again.

The staff at Igloo take NO RESPONSIBILITY and palm you off to different staff members.

The Australian stockist is run by Sam Neaves, ans supported by Nigel who is rude and has no idea about the product.

The Aust Stockist is also in Brisbane, and there is no support in Sydney.

We asked for our money back with in 1 month of it not working and numerous bad checkin reviews from guests, and Nigel sent us a legal letter saying it will not be refunded.

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND AGRIVATION.

Affordable and solves the issue you mentioned! escout All activity is registered, you can set time frames, you have control.

Dan239
Level 1
Minnesota, United States

Also updates to the product / app in August, 2017?  Also, there is a product called, TOOR, which appears to be a competitor and offers cellular connectivity for free.  Doesn't look like it is shipping yet. Curious if anyone knows much about that product as well.

Vivien13
Level 2
Irvine, CA

I just bought the lockbox today and couldn't even get it to pair with my smartphone. I think it probably has been sitting in the shelf for too long and no more battery. It says I need to jumpstart it through a 9V battery. 

For the remote access control, I use Schalge Connect Camelot through Samsung's smart thing. I am able to remotely unlock, lock, and assign user code with duration and such. It works fine and they have worked out the glitch and keep the battery life for a longer time. However, it is not integrated with Airbnb's reservation system, which makes it manual. I am looking for something that is automated. 

Robb6
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I have been using the lockbox for approximately 3 months now at our vacation rental which is about 100 miles away. I love the Airbnb connectivity which administers the codes to our guests automatically, it has made managing access a breeze because I am not there for check ins. I would say that maybe 1 in 10 of our guests has had an issue opening the box and it seems to be due to user error and not a problem with the lockbox itself. I do keep a backup manual lockbox hidden on the property just in case, but so far have not had to resort to using it.

My boyfriend and I have been using the Igloo Lockbox at our rental cabin too.  Our front door is big slider so we can't fit a traditional deadbolt on it.  The Igloo was the only product we could find that would generate unique key codes for each guest that didn't require a deadbolt lock.  So far it's worked great and no one has had a problem using it.  We didn't want our guests taking the physical key out of the lockbox (and possibly losing it) so we simply attached it to a chain and glued the chain to the inside of the box.  Like Robb, we have a back-up key and battery hidden on our property but we haven't had to use them. 

Regarding their customer service:  When we first received our Igloo, it wouldn't close or lock.  The plastic cover to the battery didn't fit properly.  We called Igloo's customer service line and they FedEx'd us a replacement part right away.  They were fast and professional and we were very happy. 

And Amanda: we can tell you that our Igloo works in California cold: it was just above 10 degrees last night.  But I don't know how it would do in Canada cold.