Igloohome keyless lock reviews

Nicole83
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Igloohome keyless lock reviews

Just wondering if anyone has used Igloohome keyless locks and if so, how effective they are, and what the service is like? Airbnb recommends them but they have terrible customer service, so I am wondering if they will treat existing customers even worse! I am trying to purchase their product and it seems to be all too hard already. Would love to hear other people's experiences.

44 Replies 44
Diane305
Level 2
Palo Alto, CA

We have an Igloohome lock with deadbolt 02 installed in Sep 2017 in Vietnam. I had thought the battery jump start option and the mechanical key would allow us to open the door under any circumstance. Wrong! Even Hafele technician could not open the door without breaking and replacing it with a new lock. Can't blame the icy temperature for the misfunction because the lock was installed in a tropical region.

I only wonder if the software linking the lock to AirBnB listing has flaw. Right before the event, we talked to AirBnB representative to make a change that we couldn't do ourselves. Is there something that unknowingly triggers the lockout mode at all time?

Sulay0
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Check out escout the price is affordable, you can authorize registered users, set  time frames, all with your smartphone or tablet, or choose to manually open wit a pin that can be changed remotley by owner at anytime. It has a USB outlet for emergency power. It is bluetooth technology. All activity is recorded to your admin page which is accessible with your app or desktop. It is the just the keylock boxes use in Real Estate industry in USA

Can you tell me the differences between the Igloohome lock and the escout lock? I like it but I worried about the lack of reviews so far. It seems like a very new product and only has 80 likes on facebook..

Does the lock itself need a wifi connection? How well does it do in rain & heat? 

DO NOT BUY THIS LOCK.

it simply doesn’t work.

the guests are confused by it.

we had it replaced, and it still DOES NOT WORK. We have had to give keys to all our guest check ins again.

The staff at Igloo take NO RESPONSIBILITY and palm you off to different people.

The Australian stockist is run by Sam Neaves, ans supported by Nigel who is rude and has no idea about the product.

The Aust Stockist is also in Brisbane, ans there is no support in Sydney.

We asked for our money back with in 1 month of it not working and numerous bad checkin reviews from guests, and Nigel sent us a legal letter saying it will not be refunded.

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND AGRIVATION.

Sally261
Level 2
New York, NY

I use an electronic keylock box same as used by the real estate indistry, it is an innexpensive solution with no instalation and still safe as a lock. Have a look here escout. 

Max241
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Recently (2 months ago) purchased two of these for two seperate airbnb units. To start with was very impressed and worked well. However since then both units have basically died for absolutely no reason. Thought it might be batteries, however the ‘jump start’ way of opening unit didn’t work on either. Also they are advertised to last about 5000 opens, obviously that didn't happen in 2 months. They have sent replacement for one and have now decided to ignore me for second failure. The hassle this has caused, simply isn't worth it. Stick to manual keybox! I tried to find reviews on this. Prior to ordering and really struggled. This is my warning to anyone considering purchasing these DON’T !

Tommy-And-Lane0
Level 1
Franklin, TN

I just started using this igloohome lockbox and it has already malfunction several times for me and for my guests.   It is a really hassle for guest to use and is not reliable.  I am going back to my standard lockbox.   

DO NOT BUY THIS LOCK.

it simply doesn’t work.

the guests are confused by it.

we had it replaced, and it still DOES NOT WORK. We have had to give keys to all our guest check ins again.

The staff at Igloo take NO RESPONSIBILITY and palm you off to different staff members.

The Australian stockist is run by Sam Neaves, ans supported by Nigel who is rude and has no idea about the product.

The Aust Stockist is also in Brisbane, ans there is no support in Sydney.

We asked for our money back with in 1 month of it not working and numerous bad checkin reviews from guests, and Nigel sent us a legal letter saying it will not be refunded.

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND AGRIVATION.

Brantley0
Level 2
Mississippi, United States

I can't speak for Igloohome, but August lock is fantastic. It's keyless and can sync with your Airbnb account and phone. Plus, it's the best value I found compared to others. Make sure you get the 2nd generation lock, instead of the 3rd. It does everything you need and is cheaper. Also get the wifi bridge and keypad accessory - they're very necessary. For all three items, I'm able to find them on eBay for a total of about $170, totally worth it.

If you found this helpful, you'll find our Facebook group very helpful. It's all about hosts of vacation rentals helping each other out. Join our community here https://www.facebook.com/groups/492897077804577/

Alex592
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Igloohome has discontinued the latch version.  I used this product smartlock with latch for 1 year and 2 months. It was great but now the security issues with the latch is it does not need to key in the pin to open. Since it is one year warranty, it means it works for me in 1 year. Now,  l ask the igloohome support that there is a security issue, it can open without key in the pin. They ask me to buy the without latch. The latch version has security problem. I am shocked the airbnb has work with smartlock. I trusted the reputation smartlock company integrated with the airbnb. Now, if you are using smartlock with latch and you are smart buyer to know whether to buy and use this product with security issue.

I have the smart lock box haven't had any issues with it since it arrived 6 months ago. 

Cove-View-Cottage0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I have 2 keyboxes and 1 deadbolt 2S.  3 for 3 products have failed.  The keyboxes - the latch gets sticky then becomes very hard to open.  I have found that a bit of WD-40 has solved the latch issue, but this shouldn't be happening.  

The Deadbolt keypad has stopped lighting up after only 6 months.  This is in a beach community in So Cal, 70 almost all the time, in the shade and not exposed to the elements.  So weather isn't an excuse.  I just replaced the batteries in the deadbolt and it worked for a day, now intermittently isn't working again.  I will be going back to E-Rental lock for the deadbolt, and am using good ol Master analog lock boxes at the desert.  I have found that their customer support is really great.  They always answer the phone, and emails, and follow up quickly.   I used E-Rental lock deadbolts in Cape Cod for years and never had these problems.  So I'm going back to that.  I just liked how streamlined the igloohome looked and the app that went with it.  

I would not recommed buying any igloohome products.

Larry172
Level 2
Netherlands

I used the lockbox for a year without any serious issues. There were a handful of times where the code generated for guests didn't work, so I shared a permanent code generated for my cleaner with them.

Cheryl409
Level 2
New York, United States

I purchased my second lock a few minths ago. The first generation igloo lockbox had mechanical problemscbut the concept of guest having access in a bluetooth manner if needed was great. 

I purchased the latest model from Amazon. It is great so far. It solves all problems and works like a gem. 

I recently had assistance paring and unpairing the old an new lock to both ny listings. Marie was phenomenal. Her patience, video demo and several calls for clarity and support was beyond regular customer service. 

The support and the lock is a must for aiding in smooth check in for your guest!

Tyrone11
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Their customer service is horrible. The worst. The lock stopped working after about four months. Thankfully I had someone close by (I was out of town) that had a Bluetooth key to unlock it and take it off. The buttons on the padlock stopped working and a gate was locked that needed to be opened for gardeners and pool service. What a hassle. I advise against leaving this on any property you are doing remotely. It’s just not reliable and did I mention how bad their customer service was? The worst of the worst.