Im starting to get the hang of this!

Debbie106
Level 5
Bradenton, FL

Im starting to get the hang of this!

Ive been hosting since October 2016.  Today someone tried to book with me and there was a lot of resembling things to a person who got my pre approval 2 nights ago but didnt book.  So I asked her why she had 2 profiles and she said to take advantage of Airbnb referral offer.  I asked her to cancel the reservation (if I cancel then I get dinged by Airbnb for weeks until it is resolved, if it is resolved but if the guest cancels - no problems!) and to rebook in the profile that has her legitimate identification - I told her it was because Airbnb wont cover us if a different person is staying with us then the identified person.  Done!  

I have been very frustrated learning the hard way (a glade plug in air freshener is an "odor") how to make this Airbnb business work especially with their lack of access and support.  But I am learning.  

And today when Airbnb asked how likely I was to refer them to other hosts I gave them a 6 (yes, I got to rate them finally!).  Why so low...because its impossible to get support when needed and because of their unfair rating system and because of all the ways they make it extremely difficult for hosts and are quick to reduce host stats without learning first what the issue was.  Like why is my commitment rate at 94% when i have 1 cancellation out of 23 bookings?!  

Ugh, frustrating...but Im learning and making it work.  I enjoy hosting guests and I enjoy the extra money.  The more planning and communication I do with guests, the better the experience for everyone.

15 Replies 15
Wendy175
Level 1
Bangor, United Kingdom

Hi,

I started Air bnb in 2014...I am STILL waiting to be paid for my first customers, DEC 2014!   SUPPORT is non existent...Airbnb deny that clients actually booked with them...despite me sending them copies of the emails and a thank you letter from the clients about their stay.  If the clients didnt book through them.....I would like to know HOW they got my details!