Importing Airbnb calendar to Google calendar drops a day

Christopher312
Level 1
Bondi, Australia

Importing Airbnb calendar to Google calendar drops a day

I am importing the Aibnb calendar into my Google calendar that I use as a master calendar. Problem is that the booking always loses a day.

For example if an Airbnb booking is 1st to the 7th, it will appear in the Google calendar as 1st to 6th and I have to manually add the extra day which is irritating.

I have two properties (and recently set up two for another friend's account) and it does this on all of them.

Anyone know why this happens or how to fix?

20 Replies 20
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It's a(n) (in)famous bug, @Christopher312, reported some time ago to Airbnb, which still hasn't been fixed... 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Arg, what is further frustrating is that when you are traveling, Airbnb gets it right!! Hosting NOT. HOSTING includes the first (partial day) and then the rest of the full days only, but not the final (partial) day.

For some reason they can get the traveler schedule done to the hour and the host's first partial day right, but the HOST'S FINAL PARTIAL DAY disappears. Year after year and no programming for this simple but critical fix. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Christopher312,

Great to meet you. 

Before exploring other possibilities here, I just wanted to see if perhaps the reason why it is displaying only for 1st - 6th is because when you think about the calendar the 7th day (say evening) would actually be available to book because you guest's last evening would be the 6th. So in this thinking, you wouldn't want to block the 7th out. 

This is just a thought though, so please feel free to come back to me on this.

Thanks,

Lizize

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

thanks for your reply.

No, that's not it. There is a bug in the export / import.

Here is an example (I would share a screen shot but this board is not accepting images 😕 )

Peter Xxxxxx [Reservation number hidden]
13 – 26 Jan 2018
Where: Fitzroy pad with secure Parking

Description
CHECKIN: 13-01-2018
CHECKOUT: 27-01-2018
NIGHTS: 14
PHONE: XX XXXX XXXX

You can see the discrepancy - The second line shows the Google dates [13-26th Jan]

These obviously don't match the booking info from Airbnb [13th-27th Jan].

So I have to manually adjust each time. Bit annoying

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Christopher312,

Thanks again for coming back on this. I wonder if you might be able to try again and share a screenshot showing what is happening. To do this here in the CC, when logged in, click the little camera icon on your post tool bar (see image):Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 17.35.48.png

This will allow you to upload your photo. Please let me know if this doesn't work. 

Thanks again for all your help with this.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

large (1).pnglarge (2).png

**[Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

David1893
Level 1
Houston, TX

Any updates on fixing this?  Homeaway ICS imports works fine with google..it shows the reservation through the day they checkout.  I am trying to share this calendar with cleaning service, so it needs to show what day the guest checkouts not the day before...airbnb ics cuts off the day before the guest checks o

Cheryl229
Level 2
Kansas City, MO

I just synced my Google Cal, and see the same issue. What needs to happen is that Airbnb should apply your checkout time to the calendar entry. That way you can show the check-outs at 10am, and be free for check-ins later in the day. It appears they're only doing a full day event, which is why the calendar shows as a day off. The current setup makes Google Cal export worthless until they add the time. 

William319
Level 2
Mercer Island, WA

Any update on fixing this bug?  It was really embarassing to walk in on a guest that we'd assumed had checked out.  

Brad77
Level 2
Charleston, SC

Bump. Would like to see an update on this bug.

Sean410
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Bump! I'm running into this problem as well.

David-and-Jorge0
Level 2
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

There are bugs in the calendar imports... trust me, but this is not one.

If you have a booking with check in on 13-Jan and check out on 27-Jan as above, the night of the 27th is NOT booked!  The guest is expected to leave, usually in the morning, and, in theory, you could reset before the next guest (we do this ALL the time).

If it included the 27th in this guest's booking, then you could NOT have another guest book the night of the 27th.

Now, if you do not want same-day check ins/outs, then that is fine - but for those of us who do, then the system MUST work this way.  And I believe you can set that in your booking preferences that you want a "gap" period between bookings.

And I will add this: I use my external calendar (was iCloud, but moved to Google recently) to manage my private bookings, and to enter one properly in there, again, you DO NOT block the day of the guest's departure if you want to be able to have same-day check in/out.  You have to remember (if you are operating like a hotel) that you are blocking "nights" NOT "days".  On the departure date, your guest is leaving during the "day" not the "night"...

Wills0
Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA

any update on this? Not sure if anyone else uses VRBO, but when you import an Airbnb calendar into their platform it works as expected (correctly). When you have listings on multiple booking sites this bug becomes a real pain.