Improving visibility on the website

Answered!
Malcolm16
Level 2
Faygate, United Kingdom

Improving visibility on the website

Hi I have been a host for a couple of years and have achieved Super Host five star rating. 

After a returning guest said it was impossible to find our house on the Airbnb website I tried to find our house myself. I put in that I was looking for a house for eight guests for dates that I know are available in our village - nothing came up. So I generalised to our county still nothing. Then I tried looking under Super Hosts in our county still nothing. I did eventually find the listing but it took about 20 minutes. How many guests would bother to look this long? I thought that being a five star super host would automatically put my listing at the top of the list, but evidently not. How can I improve exposure on search results?
Many thanks
Malcolm V True

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Malcolm16 & @Natia35  "INSTANT BOOKING" the magic words that get you a higher ranking and visibility.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Natia35
Level 1
Tbilisi, GE

hi, I  have the same problem

Malcolm16
Level 2
Faygate, United Kingdom

Jeff says instant booking are the magic words

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Malcolm16 & @Natia35  "INSTANT BOOKING" the magic words that get you a higher ranking and visibility.

Michele688
Level 2
Brussels, Belgium

What other advice do you have when INSTANT BOOKING is not possible.

Also airbnb have different extenion .com, .co.uk, .... does it have an impact when people search for the property ? if yes how ca I fix it

I am new in this business, and I have many hostales to give promotion, but I started with one but something isn't good, because I haven't reservation yet.

Siantombo0
Level 2
Livingstone, Zambia

I have been a member here and i do receive booking one in a while. i would like to learn many ways of improving my packaging as i advertise my listings. 

Bronwyn11
Level 6
Auckland, New Zealand

I refuse to allow instant booking, I want to have some idea what the guest group comprises, especially in one listing which can host up to 12 guests. So far I've had no reason to decline except where people want to hold weddings!

I read on another thread here that to keep your listing near the top is to tweak it every 3 weeks. Either change/add photos, change description slightly, add something e.g. hair dryer. Posting a  photo of 

my grandchildren's cot in my spare bedroom got me a heap of bookings, so much so that I may delete that photo while I have a breather 🙂

Luciano75
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Hello, I have instant booking selected but still listing is not showing, how can I fix this?

thanks.