In Canada cannabis is legal, the concern is how to state in house rules it’s not acceptable?

Shirley159
Level 2
Lucknow, Canada

In Canada cannabis is legal, the concern is how to state in house rules it’s not acceptable?

We had a quest who left cannabis in the room  hidden. Cannabis is  legal but the concern is a child or pet could of digested it.

We already have no smoking allowed but maybe they didn’t smoke it we would  like to state something in house rules no legal or non legal drugs on property  

any suggestions how to handle this ?

thank you

Shirley

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Shirley159  You can state no smoking on your property, but I really don't think you can dictate whether someone travels with something that is a legal substance. That would be like dictating that a guest can't have a pack of cigarettes in his bag even if he only smokes one or two a day and goes far away from your property to smoke one.

Saying no legal or illegal drugs would mean guests couldn't bring their prescription medications ( I realize this would not be your intention), a bottle of wine, or even coffee. (caffeine is a drug)

Thank you Sarah

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Shirley159 I don't think you can do this, that would be discriminating against anyone who travels with prescription medication as well as legal marijuana.  My guess is, this was a 'one off' and is probably not going to be repeated.  Legal weed is expensive and most people aren't going to be leaving it around.

Thank you Mark