Inability to see reviews left of previous hosts by potential guests

Robert197
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Inability to see reviews left of previous hosts by potential guests

Hello as a host I used to be able to pull up the profiles of potential guests and review their reviews of their previous hosts. It was useful to screen out very high maintenance guests or guests who appear likely to submit unfair reviews (ie they did not read the listing carefully and were unhappy about something that they neglected to pay attention to etc). This function now seems to have disappeared. I generally tend to rate guests highly unless they do something egregious, which is very rare, but I have been frustrated by guests who ding me for something they should (it was stated in the listing) or could have known (had they asked). A couple of examples: guest complains about parking and only gives 4 stars, when listing clearly states parking is difficult and that I don't recommend having a car! Another example is a guest who complained that they did not realize the listing was my actual home (thanks to the proliferation of purpose built AirBnBs as opposed to the original concept where these were folks' homes) and complained that I did not make that clear, when in fact if you read the listing, which has been posted since 2013, it should have been quite clear. Both very frustrating when you are trying to maintain super host status!! I also just had a guest complain that my main living area was "too cluttered" when the main living area is quite clear in the pictures and no-one has ever made such a comment before. Very odd!

4 Replies 4
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

I’ve never been able to see guest reviews in-line on their profile without using AirReview. You can always do it manually by going to the Host reviews, clicking on the host, and scrolling down to the stay date to see if the guest left a review.

Thanks. We used to be able to see them in Chrome, but not other browsers but we no longer can. I have seen other posts about this, but AirBnB does not respond. I am guessing they got complaints and removed this function, but I wanted to try to confirm that was the reason we no longer can easily find this info. 

@Robert197  It's unclear whether you are talking about seeing the reviews through the AirReview extension, or manually, as Pat describes. AirReview glitched out for me a long time ago, but it works fine to do it manually. 

I just went to your profile page, pulled up your reviews as a guest, clicked on your most recent host Carlos' profile photo, which took me to his profile page, where your review of him was first on the page.

@Robert197  Yes, Chrome is where I have AirReview installed as well. It only works from a desktop computer, if that helps.