Inaccurate number of guests to avoid fees

Inaccurate number of guests to avoid fees

We've had a lot of issues with guests booking our house for 2 people, then turning up with more. We've had parents turn up with their 2 kids plus an aupair but they've just booked for 2 people. I think people are assuming that children aren't included in a booking, but since they are using our bedding and utilities, I would argue that they should absolutely be included.

What is the best way of solving this issue? We have our listing set that it's an additional $20 for each person after 2. We're getting very tired of people not giving accurate numbers and then using all of our beds, towels, etc.

2 Replies 2

@Brad , call airbnb and tell us what they told you. Since 2 days, on my android app I can book child under 3 years for free!!!!!
And airbnb specify that child under 3 don't count and can't be charged as pets!!! It's a big mess and don't have any airbnb reply.
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I can tell you that sometimes this is really an honest mistake - people see a house and think it's theirs for that price. We have plenty of instances of people not ticking 2 people, and leaving it at one. We always now check in our first email that it is just one person staying -  new users of Airbnb are used to hotel sites where a room is for two people, whereas the Airbnb site is based on one person with additional costs for the second. 

So, lesson is..always ask them to confirm exactly how many people will be staying in first exchange of emails