Incompetent Advisor

Incompetent Advisor

I have been letting my house with Airbnb I had a group of young people who disrespected my house.  I have reported the incident to their Resolution Centre uploading an invoice from the cleaning services and lots of photos documenting the damage.  The guests in question have not responded   so I have been allocated an advisor from Airbnb who contacted me initially through email asking for ‘additional documentation’.  I have responded to every of his mails explaining the situation in detail and sending the same documents several times.  He failed to engage in any dialog with me, starting the same request for the documents with a new mail completely ignoring my comments and claiming on occasion that he cannot open my documents (PDF).  One of his mails started with ‘I have tried to call you many times’ and since I have not had any missing phone calls I have questioned his competency when he addressed me in one of his mails by ‘Poppy’ which is the name of the guest in question who he obviously tried to call instead of myself.  After emailing my phone number in UK (that is on the records anyway) he called me twice from USA complaining that he cannot open the documents I have send.  The conversation was extremely difficult. I have asked several time for another advisor based in UK as he kept calling me from USA repeating the same request for PDF documentation while I kept sending the same invoice that was in PDF in the first place.  I have also asked my house manager to send the invoice directly to him but his email has also been ignored.  The communication between us has been completely broken.  He has now closed my claim due to ‘lack of response’.  I have full record of our emails and would really like to complain about the way it was handled.  Please, advise where to go from here.  There is nothing on Airbnb website to facilitate complains against their service so who can I go to upgrade or appeal?

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sophie996 

Seems Airbnb CS  has a problem finding competent reps.

You can try Twitter or have your say at : Airbnb Feedback