Incorrect Pricing

Aaron189
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Incorrect Pricing

Hello,

I was hoping sombeody could enlighten me on a pricing issue.

My daily rate is set to $140/night. I had a request for 50 nights which should come out too $7k for the entire stay. But of course I have discounts for monthly stays and also currently have the 24% off offer going for the first guests of a new lisiting;  with these discounts the total should come out too a little over $4k. 

However, the total Airbnb showed for the 50 night stay came out to barely over $3k. I am super confused by this discrpency in price, anybody have any insight?

Thanks ahead of time,

Aaron

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Aaron189. You must do some maths here - all the discounts sum up, I mean the second is off on top of the first. Then service fee for Airbnb (on your side) and any tax charges that apply. If you calculate it's still too low, do contact Airbnb.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4, thank you for your input. I do believe I'm doing the very math you suggest but obviosly I am missing something. I will have to try and contact Airbnb for an explanation

@Aaron189 some pretty crazy stuff can happen w abb discounts. They don’t discount one way and then run the second discount on the lower amount. They add both discount percentages together & then take that off the whole thing. CS can tell you exactly how the math was done if you call them. Good luck. You may get to host someone for 5 months for half-price. 

Did you want your space to go for less than $20 per night??

Yikes, originally I transcribed the 50 nights & 140 dollars. I thought it was much worse than it was. At least it’s less than 2 months and not 5!!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Aaron189 ,

This a "long term stay". So you will be paid in 2 payouts. Your listing show me the total price after the two discounts  (around 4k) you mentioned for 50 nights. It will be increased for the guest by Airbnb Service fee (appr. 280,- and by tourist tax appr. 319,-. It will be decreased for you by Airbnb Service fee 3%, appr. 120,-)

The 3k you saw, could it be the first term ?

You can simulate these bookings offcourse also by yourself on your own listing and see the results.

Best regards, Emiel