Incorrect pricing

Incorrect pricing

I hope someone can help me.  I've already spent more than 2 hours waiting or being on the phone calling Airbnb.  The guests have changed the number of guests from 3 to 2 and somehow this has decreased the overall pricing, when it should not have.  A total of 5 guests are allowed to stay.  The call centre agent insists that a decreased pricing is a result of currency changes (since I am in Australia and therefore USD and Airbnb is US based therefore uses USD).  This explanation sounds crazy since none of my other booking are affected and the difference is more than USD100 which means more than 25% change in currency, again a crazy idea).  Can anyone help?

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Ewen1  You have a wonderful mid-century listing!  I agree that you are set up to allow 1 to 5 guests at the same price.  When a guest books with you, your confirmation is in Australian dollars, right?  At the current exchange rate $100 USD would be $131 Australian dollars.  I wonder if the change notification you received was in USD rather than Australian dollars for some reason.  Just a thought.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Ewen1,

OK, you have no extra charge for extra people so the change from 3 to 2, by itself, won't change the price.

When a change is made the new price also depends on the current accommodation price, not on the accommodation price when the reservation was first made.

Do you have smart pricing turned on or have you changed the pricing since the reservation was made. If yes, then that may be the reason for the price drop.

If you haven't got smart pricing or changed the pricing then contact Airbnb.

Steve.