Incorrect travel credit balance

Andrea4514
Level 1
Genoa, Italy

Incorrect travel credit balance

Hello,

I received a refund of € 301.60 after the cancellation of a trip:
The trip has been cancelled as it has been affected by the Coronavirus emergency.
€ 301.60 has been added to my travel credit.

A few weeks later, I booked another stay:
Price: € 44.97

I used the travel credit to pay for the stay, so now I am expecting to see €256.63 on my travel credit balance.
But it says € 0,00!

Could you please help me solve this problem and see how I can use the remaining credit in my account?

Thank you!
2 Replies 2
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Andrea4514,

Here's the link regarding Airbnb's policy regarding travel credits: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2740/travel-credit-terms-and-conditions.

You need to contact them, and ask if the balance can be reactivated.  Unfortunately, it has been very difficult to reach customer service.

Good luck

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Debra300 

I'm sure I've read here on the CC several times that guests were only able to use travel credit from COVID-19 cancellations in one transaction, so if they book a place that's cheaper, they lose the rest.

I've also had friends lose a lot of money not realising that they could only use their large amount of travel credit in one go and this was long before COVID-19.

However, I am sure most would not be aware of the link that you just posted, i.e. that you have to contact Airbnb to reactive the rest of the credit. Why do this? Call me cynical, but it seems like a way to dupe people out of money. 

I am not sure if that's the official line, but it does seem to be happening.