Increased number of cancellations

Mike78
Level 3
Colorado Springs, CO

Increased number of cancellations

In the last two months we've had many many more bookings where people have canceled.  These are not necessarily last minute cancellations, but we've had more cancellations for even long-term bookings in the last 2 months then we have in the previous five years of hosting.  I am just curious if others are seeing the same effect.  We have a liberal cancellation policy that does not penalize guests.  I know that sometimes people find a way to 'game' the system and I'm wondering if there's something that I don't see happening here.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mike78 I wonder if it has anything to do with a global pandemic leading to significant death and unemployment?

That is my assumption.  However I was looking for insight from others who may be seeing a similar phenomenon.

Alexandra199
Level 10
Gretton, United Kingdom

Hi @Mike78 I think people are in dream mode when it comes to booking and then they change their mind because of covid19. I would set a strict cancellation policy if i were you and this at least makes them think long and hard about whether they really intend staying with you.