Ineligibility for Superhost status& waived cancellations

Mike651
Level 2
Arlington, VA

Ineligibility for Superhost status& waived cancellations

Hi Everyone,

I was eligible for superhost status by October 1st 2018 except a cancellation happened 3 months back that I totally forgot to provide documentation. So I provided document and cancellation was erased from my account, so I was totally eligible. There was post assestment period between October 1st and 14th, so I was thinking to get the badge after 14th, but I did not. I called Airbnb and I was told that since cancellation was erased from my account after October 1st, I was not eligible.I told whether before October 1st or after ,it was an extenuating situation and it was waived. I have hosted thousands of resrvations have over 2100 reviews, I dont have to prove my trustworthiness to anyone after all. I worked so hard to make all. Its really so harsh to be told "you cant be superhost because cancellation was waived after assestment period". I really need a fair solution for it.

Any information regarding my issue is appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mike651   I'm not really sure what you're fussed about. You've had thousands of bookings, so the lack of Superhost status doesn't appear to affect you negatively. There's not any great perks attached to it, at least for me. 

Winter is coming, so business goes down, but expenses are the same. So it will be 10-15% addition is necessary. Trust me its not how you think. 

@Mike651   And you think if you have a Superhost badge pasted across your profile photo it will result in a lot more bookings? I'd like to think you're correct, but I'm not sure that's true. Some of my guests have indeed said they always look for Superhosts to book with, but I've seen a lot of host posts on this forum saying most of their guests didn't have any idea what Superhost meant.

10-15% i would say. Still means alot.