Informing guests

JaLisa0
Level 1
Scottsdale, AZ

Informing guests

Hi all!  New to this.  Wondering how far before a guest arrives do you send out information on check-in, check-out, basics?  Can you give me an example of the email you send so I know what to include?  Thanks in advance - Jalisa

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@JaLisa0  I send guests the information about a week before check-in. I mostly do this because I myself like to have all my ducks in a row when I travel, I hate last-minute stuff. And I am a home-share host with a property that is hard to find, so I like to send it early enough to be able to get a confirmation from the guests that they received the map and directions and that they feel it's clear.

I know a lot of entire house hosts with self-check-in don't like to send the door code until the day before or day-of check-in, to cut down on guests arriving early and expecting to gain access before arranged check-in time. But if you change the door code for each new guest and have a way to set the code shortly before check-in, guests wouldn't be able to let themselves in too early, anyway, so no reason why the info couldn't be sent a few days ahead of time.

Thank you Sarah977 that is very helpful!

I usually don’t send out their info until the day before they arrive. (I’ve also sometimes done it 2 days before).

I tell them we’re excited to have them as guests, give them their front door code, check-in time, and address. I explain that first thing they should do is turn the hot tub up, remind them that there is no smoking anywhere, remind them to adhere to the house rules (listed in the listing and in the binder on the desk in the house).

I tell them how many parking spaces the city allows at our property (3), and where they are, and that heavy snowfall or build-up can decrease parking by at least one spot. If I know there will be several cars in the party, I tell them about some free lots in town they can park in. 
I also mention that we do our best to clear snow, but that sometimes they may have to shovel areas themselves—and that we provide a snow shovel. 

If there are kids coming, I mention where the pack n play and high chair is, and that there are sleds they can use. 
I tell them to have a wonderful time, ask if they have any questions, and then ask them to confirm that they got all the info (people rarely do—which frustrates me).

After this, they invariably ask for early check-in. Every. Single. Time.  But that’s another thread for discussion! 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Guests-coming-early/m-p/1243730#M269107

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@JaLisa0  One week. Content is very specific to the listing. Includes directions, links to google maps location and Airbnb check-in guide, access times and key code, important phone numbers, reminder to review cancellation policy, house rules and house manual.