Inglewood, CA NEW Short Term Rental Rules?

Suzie114
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Inglewood, CA NEW Short Term Rental Rules?

Hi! Any other Inglewood, CA hosts out there getting letters stating to cease all STR's due to a moratorium voted on a few months ago? When I called the office, they said "over one month" was also considered "short-term." So... I can't even rent out my home in Inglewood anymore? I also heard there was talk of permits that's in the works. I can't get a straight answer anywhere. Are Hosts paying TOT or not? Is the city depositing the TOT payments, if so? 

6 Replies 6
Sharon683
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

What?!  I'm not surprised at all.  You have the SoFi stadium and the new housing/hotel in progress.  They do not want any competition.  I hope it is a rumor.  If so it may be a rumor for a short period of time. So much has changed in the last years.  

Raymond336
Level 1
Inglewood, CA

I just got my letter to that effect 

Hi. I am at 310-383-1141. There is a city Council meeting on June 28, I think around 2 PM. Do you have that info? They are trying to pass some restrictions and I think it’s important that owners in the area show up. Please text me for more info 🙂 -Suzie 

Victor2448
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I received my letter on 6/17/2022 also.

Hi,

Any update? I'm new to Airbnb & Inglewood area

Hey guys! So the new law goes into affect august 19. I have an Airbnb in Inglewood and I literally don’t know what to do now! They said STR has to be owner occupied and have stayed in the unit for at least 9 months out of year. I haven’t received a letter but I’m scared as to how to proceed now😔