Instant Book Glitch: Getting 1 night bookings despite 2 night minimum

Alex778
Level 2
United States

Instant Book Glitch: Getting 1 night bookings despite 2 night minimum

I have over ten listings on instant book, 2 night or more minimum stays.  It has always been this way.  All the sudden in May I started to get random 1 night bookings which I allowed because it's not worth it for us to accomodate a single night for most of my locations.  I have been trying to work with Airbnb Support since May on this and still no resolution.  Usually a case is opened and then closed without any communication or resolution on this issue.  I'm a pro host and have quadruple checked my settings to make sure nothing is amiss, but  I can't see anything wrong and this is a NEW issue we just started having in May.  It's been over 2 months now and I'm starting to think that Airbnb just doesn't care to resolve this issue. 

Anyone else having problems with instant book or have any suggested work arounds besides turning instant book off?

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Alex778 ,

I looked at one of your listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19940995.

It says in the listing: 1 night minimum stay

When simulating a booking, i can book 1 night

So nothing to do with Instant Book, the settings are not set for minimum stay=2 nights

BTW Checked only 1 listing, the first one in your profile

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Alex778
Level 2
United States

Thanks for checking, if you look within 6 days it allows single night bookings.  But I'm getting single night bookings outside of that time frame

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alex778,

You mean if check-in date is within 6 days from now, a night stay is allowed ?

So now i tried to book in end of september on same listing, and it still allows me a 1 night booking.

Same for end of november. it is not setup as being a 2 night minimumstay. Nothing to do with Instant Book (i only simulate a booking)

Yes my settings are set for 2 nights outside or 6 days.  So people can instant book 1 night depsite my listing settings

Airbnb has acknowledged the error this afternoon to me but no solution yet.

Catherine1167
Level 1
Canary Islands, Spain

I have a cancelled booking blocking my Callander at Christmas and new year stopping me taking a 2 week booking any onebknow how to change the Callander as this will lose me bookings 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Catherine1167  You cancelled the reservation, so your dates are now blocked. The penalties for canceling this reservation include not being a Superhost for a year, getting a public review that shows you canceled, paying a cancellation fee, and having the canceled nights blocked on your calendar. If the guest actually wanted to cancel and you accepted it, the cancellation still falls on you. Never accept any message about cancelling  always decline. If this was the case call AirBnB and plead new host and guest wanted to cancel and you were not aware by accepting his request you would be blamed for the cancellation. Grovel if need be to get this rcancellation removed from you. They may or may not open up the dates again. 

"The host canceled this reservation 107 days before arrival. This is an automated posting. "

For future use:

DO NOT CANCEL a reservation, DO NOT ACCEPT any message about cancelling, changing or refunding DECLINE it a loophole that comes back to bite you and gives guests back their service fees and/or voids your cancellation policy (changing dates) or the cancellation is now on you, not the guests (accepting cancellation). DO NOT REFUND anything until actual cash has been given to you by AirBNB. If you refund they will take the money from you and a lot of times guests get refunded from both AirBnB and you if you do this, then you have a fight to get your money back. Tell the guest you do not deal with the booking funds that is all on AirBnB's end.

AirBnB Spain +34 91 123 45 67