Instant Booking Not Working

Instant Booking Not Working

Is anyone else having issues with this? To save time I instant booked a trip over a month in advance. When it got closer to my trip date it was no longer listed as an upcoming trip in my profile. It just disappeared. I had even sent the host a message. That also disappeared from my profile. I contacted the host and they said that they never received anything from me, but they weren't very helpful so I cannot say for sure if they actually received something or not. Can you not rely on instant booking? This is causing me a huge headache.

2 Replies 2
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I haven't heard of this problem before, and I suggest contact Airbnb immediately. As far as relying on IB, I think if you don't hear from the host when you book it is a bad sign. New hosts have to have IB, and they are sometimes unaware of what happens when guests book them and it all comes as a surprise. When you book by making booking enquiries or requests, you will have communication with the host first and will know everything is going to plan.

Find a new place, if the host you were supposed to book with is unavailable. Check if your account has been charged or not. Good luck, I see you are a first time user of Airbnb and I hope it will all work out better soon, it is a great place to find accommodation. The best, in my opinion, but I don't use IB if I can help it.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Was your credit card charged? If not then something happened during the booking process and you don't have a booking. If it was charged then either contact your credit card company and get them to refund the unauthorised charge for a service/goods not received.