Instant Booking

Instant Booking

Hi,

I cannot seem to find how I can disable Instant Booking. When I go to Manage Listings it takes me directly to my calendar.

Does anyone know how I can disable it please?

I thank you in advance,

Neil

6 Replies 6
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi, 

Read Airbnb's guide via the link - https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/484/what-is-instant-book

If after following the steps in the guide, you are still unable to turn off Instant Booking, then I'm afraid you are probably one of the unlucky few new host chosen by Airbnb for an experiment which means you are unable to turn off Instant booking.

There have been quite a few conversations here on the community site re this issue, I’d recommend you search 'Instant Booking' and review some of the recent conversations to give you a better idea of the trial/ other host experience in similar situation.

Wish you all the best,

Ama

Thanks for you reply Amaris. Apparently it looks like I'm one of the chosen ones 😞

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sounds like you are one of the unlucky few who are being forced to accept guests without any conversation with them.

To be clear, it 's a revenue generator for AirBnB as it allows impulse buys and means that guests don't need to wait for approval from the host.

However, from the host perspective it fundamentally undermines some of what AirBnB was set up to do - and it leave you open to significant risk and lack of any interaction as to who is staying in your home (particularly where you are sharing a flat etc)

Will be interesting to see how that works out in due course. In the meantime good luck..

Hi Gerry, looks like you're right I'm forced to accept guests without any conversation 😕 Very dissaponting...

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Will you stay on the system? That is the question. I read a lot here about hosts keen to avoid IB. Will Air stop the experiment with the new hosts? Will the experiment include how many cancellations which will result? How many listings that instantly get deleted after hosts realise they have IB activated?

We will certainly stop - there is no way on earth we will allow people whom we don't know to stay without having an email exchange with them. It's not worth the risk.