Instant book confirmed name different from reviews

Answered!

Instant book confirmed name different from reviews

I had a guest instantly book my place for 2 weeks (not totally uncommon) She has 2 positive reviews from 4 years ago but the name is different than the name on her confirmed reservation. Is this a red flag? I’m fairly new to instant book. The reason this makes me nervous is because there have been some “trafficking” issues in my area. The guest has not responded when I asked about the name on the reviews.   Thanks for the help!

1 Best Answer
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie1817  I hope you’re well!

The names might not match because your guest might have been part of a group reservation, and the previous host reviewed the person who made the booking- which might not have been your guest.

Your guest could have changed their name on their profile- it’s easy to do in a couple of clicks.

You’ve done the right thing which is to ask the guest for further information- hopefully they will reply to you.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie1817  I hope you’re well!

The names might not match because your guest might have been part of a group reservation, and the previous host reviewed the person who made the booking- which might not have been your guest.

Your guest could have changed their name on their profile- it’s easy to do in a couple of clicks.

You’ve done the right thing which is to ask the guest for further information- hopefully they will reply to you.

It turns out it is her daughters name! 

Thanks for your help 🙂

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

Maybe she was married and used her husband's name. Or maybe she was single and now married. Or she could have been married, got divorced, and married again 🙂

@Stephanie1817

I certainly know the ins and outs of having an ex husband! Thanks 🙂 It was her daughters name. I appreciate the help! 

@Stephanie1817 

Is it her account or her daughter's account?
Third party bookings are forbidden on Airbnb for not respecting accurate reviews and insurance reasons.

If it is a third party booking, she must cancel and book with her own profile.

@Nathalie-Et-Gilles0 

It is indeed her account. Some of the reviews were in a different name, which is her daughter. Her daughter will be traveling with her.