Instant book is unfair to hosts

R0
Level 3
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Instant book is unfair to hosts

I like to report airbnb is being partial their default search only includes instant book ON, so unless the guest switch off this filter he cannot see the rest of the hosts.

I have reported these two related issues and I like all you hosts to also write to airbnb about these features. 1. Default search comes with instant book switched ON. When I search for property on airbnb.com or airbnb.co.uk, I find by default airbnb only shows me only instant booking properties. This is a filter airbnb switches on by default. So I have to see all properties I have to switch off this filter. This is unfair advantage to hosts who are instant booking. Instead it would make sense to keep default filter ON for all properties a) advertised by super hosts b) all properties with rating above 4.0 c) include new or unreviewed properties. d) Also default filter should switch off hosts hosts who are not responding to guests within in 24 hours. (responding should not be accepting/rejecting/ even if a host responded with a question to guest this should be considered quick response) This would be the ideal default search filter. This way there is fair chance for all hosts and guest getting best expereince as well.

2. As a host I have noted when I configure my room for instant book, without informing the host Airbnb configures my room to flexible cancelation policy. This happens without my knowledge. I want to say airbnb should not change our cancellation policy from strict to flexible without consulting with us. Ideally I should get compensated because of this airbnb changed my configuration from strict to flexible when I changed to instant booking and due to this I made a loss when customer after checking staying for 4 days then cancelled my booking which was booked for 19 days. So this loss of revenue for me and now in the last minute I cannot find customers. I lost USD. 818 because of this bug or automatic change in cancellation policy configuration by airbnb without my persmission. I am not aware how I can claim compensation from Airbnb for changing my cancellation policy configuration without my knowledge.

I like all of you send feeback to airbnb we need this default filter to be changed to make it more fair.

40% of the worlds population is vegeterian and yet airbnb goes not put a filter for Vegeterian friendly homes

4 Replies 4

@R0 - didn't you already post this once?  

R0
Level 3

edit & re-submit
is there a rule u cant post twice for awareness

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@R0 Have you forgotten about Airbnb's non-discrimination policy? Which I consider a cul-de-sac anyway.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
R0
Level 3

Exactly I thought airbnb had an no-descrimation policy, but you used right word for it cul-de-sac

I had a problematic guest last week he was always threatening banging my furniture... i tried hard to reach out to airbnb ...I contacted them 15 times finally after 4 days they called me.  First question I asked them given it is world of terrorism, what if I have emergency and you call me after 4 days I could be dead by now.  How would u help me.

Anyways I clearly understand now you need to look after yourself nobody gonna look after you, but some aged old hosts, they had some scary stories where guest scared them to death ... I wonder how they must be doing. A old hosts home was hijacked by a criminal with fake passport and in another case a guest lands up with different name then boooking name came with his family from syria he had no money instead needed mony from host to eat. 

Now the new policy of airbnb is much tougher on hosts.