Instant book of/on and status of calender

Brec27
Level 2
Fulletby, United Kingdom

Instant book of/on and status of calender

Hello, hope you're all well. Can you tell me please, have Airbnb automatically taken 'Instant book' off all UK entire homes please? (I usually have it on, you see) Also; has anyone else had their calendar blocked until 18th April? Just chatted to online help at Airbnb and the lad knew nothing about it!!! Thank you

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Brec27 

Both these things happened in the last week and you would have had an email explaining why.

The intention is to help (make) people comply with the law so its pretty irrelevant really as no one should be accepting bookings other than from key workers. To allow key workers to book you can opt in to this programme.

Brec27
Level 2
Fulletby, United Kingdom

Hi Mike and Jane, I did receive the email, but I asked for a little clarification from online support and the lad had no idea about the email or calender blocking so just wanted to check with the community! By opting into accepting key workers, does it automatically offer your place FOC? Thanks for your help, newbie here!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Brec27 

If you opt in to the key worker thing you can then choose between free or a discount.

There is a report on here that a guest was given a 50% discount even though they were not a key worker but it shouldn't happen!