Instant booking on blocked dates

Jacqui46
Level 1
Eastbourne, United Kingdom

Instant booking on blocked dates

I blocked out the month of August because we host international students and yet someone was able to instant book a weekend. I know I hadn't accidentally left this open because it's Airbourne and I would definitely have increased my nightly rate if I had had that time open. I don't want to cancel as I don't want to pay a penalty for something I didn't do.  It also makes me nervous in case it happens again.  I was going to create a second profile as well as tell a friend in Dublin to join as it has been so painless to date.  But now I am worried.  Any suggestions?

*title updated

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jacqui46  If you have a booking through Instant Book when IB was turned off, have Air BNB cancel not you.  My previous response on this thread has a link to a guide to do so.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jacqui46,

I'm sorry to hear you got a booking on dates that you had blocked. As @Linda108 said you will need to contact Airbnb to ask them to cancel it for you - here is the guide explaining how to contact Airbnb that Linda had posted in the previous thread.

Just to let you know, I have moved your post here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion and it is easier to find. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you want to change it!

In case you're not sure how to start a new thread - this CC Tutorial gives a step by step guide to starting a conversation in the Community Centre.

I hope you can get this resolved soon.

Kirstie

This just happened to me - dates that where blocked got booked with an  Instant book reservation.  I know they were blocked - had been blocked for months - my whole summer is booked so if that week had been open I would have gotten activity on it.  I called and requested airbnb cancel the reservation which at first the rep said she couldn't do, then she did.

My concern moving forward is that this will happen again.  It seems as it's a known issue.  How do I ensure it doesn't happen again.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can't. Just call Airbnb and explain what has happened. They will cancel the booking.

Exactly the same thing happened this morning to me.

They said it is a bug they are working on.

Lucy170
Level 2
Vermont, United States

The same thing just happened to me. is AirBnB no longer functional? So it would seem.