Instant booking

Answered!
Lulu6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Instant booking

I am a relatively new host and was not aware of the Instant booking rules and that it was active on my listing. I have had someone book dates which are not available for arrival and have to date always received a request to accept or decline. On this particular enquiry booking was automatic and now we have a situation that it cannot be fulfilled. I have explained all to the potential guest and he is happy with my reason, however the money has already been deducted from his account. How do we reverse this booking without either himself of myself being penalised

1 Best Answer
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

The only way to sort it out is to contact airbnb support team by phone. They will refund the monies to the guest and may fine you with a symbolic penalty. 

View Best Answer in original post

112 Replies 112
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

The only way to sort it out is to contact airbnb support team by phone. They will refund the monies to the guest and may fine you with a symbolic penalty. 

Please can I have a number to contact the support team?

The instant booking is a nightmare, does everyone has to have that now??

Please help.

I had the same experience. How do we block instant bookings????

How do you block Instant Bookings?

I have just had the same thing happen.  Someone instant booked at 9pm for that day!  Cannot refund as the booking is the same day.  What a nightmare!

It is a very difficult process.  I ended my instant bookings.  Even at 3 times a year if you are a higher user it can happen in a heartbeat and then you are bumped out of the superhost category for a year.   I have had folks book and know it was for one and said one and then proceeded to say well there will be another in the party but most likely won't sleep overnight but will be there for 18 or more hours a day.  I lost superhost status a couple years ago.  A lady booked the day my partner died and I never thought about anything except what i was going through.  AirBnB had no mercy.  I like Air BnB and think it provides great guests but instant book should provide a couple hour or at least a one hour window to accept or reject. I called the lady immediately and told her I had to cancel because of the death and had family coming to be in the units and she was disturbed and unhappy I would not accommodate.  Amazing.

Sora0
Level 7
Singapore

you may want to call airbnb for assistance. they will cancel the booking and refund accordingly. althought you will have a penalty for cancellation but for instant booking, (as far as im aware) you will have max of 3 cancellations without any penalty occured. 

Lulu6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

thank you for your help

what is the phone number for direct contact to AirBNB?

Gijs9
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hi Denise

I don't know. Tried to find a way to contact airbnb myself but couldn't find out. So in the end I decided to let it go and just block the instant booking since it just doesn't work properly. 

Greetings

Gij

Shirley90
Level 2
Clarens, South Africa

How do we block it.  Have been trying to find the solution all day.

You are right. Instant Book has a computer glitch that allows renters to book even though it is already blocked or reserved. 

Are these calls free as for us to call from SA it is very expensive.

Nady0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I was looking all the site, no number you can find... they have a very bad service