Insurance for the protection of hosts

Martine268
Level 2
Beidweiler, Luxembourg

Insurance for the protection of hosts

Hi,

I´m a host and I just read about Airbnb´s insurance terms. It says that Airbnb provides insurance for the protection of hosts in 15 countries, but I just saw now that mine is not covered. I´m hosting in Luxembourg and I have more than one apartment that I´m renting out, but all on the same property, where I´m living too. Has anyone the same problem of their country not represented by Airbnb insurance?

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Martine268

my guess is that most hosts do not know that abb provides limited liability insurance.

David
Martine268
Level 2
Beidweiler, Luxembourg

@David126 Thank you for your quick reply. I read about the limited liability insurance. So it means that you are only protected if something happens with the guest itself (if he breaks his leg ect.) if I understand that properly. So people not coming from these 15 countries mentioned are not protected if your guest slipps or something other than that happens? I will contact Airbnb about it, but I am curious how other Airbnb hosts are insured. And also I´m wondering about property damages. What type of insurance would be the best fit to cover all of this? I didn´t know that I had no insurance with Airbnb at all. 

Odd that Luxembourg is not include but it is where the listing is not where the guest comes from.

I have never had dealings with Luxen]mbourg, I would speak to your Insurance Broker, make sure the cover you have includes short term rentals.

AirBnB do not guarantee anything, they are a booking agency, one of many out there.

David

I used to request money from a guest through Airbnb, as she took my remote key with her away. She admitted in Airbnb message, finally Airbnb paid my cost. 

Melody39
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Where is this information located?  Thanks