Insurance on home

Insurance on home

I'm moving to a new home and want to have two air bnb's.  However, no insurance company will insure the new home knowing that's what I'm going to do.  I realize the air bnb site includes insurance, but the companies say that insurance is "secondary," so they won't insure my overall home.  Has anybody found an insurance company that will?  Thanks.

19 Replies 19

How did you find a broker? I tried googling but just get agents. 

Loring1
Level 6
Somers, MT

There you go @Kathryn226 another endorsement for a broker. Give it a shot, I'm sure they can find something to fit your needs.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Try Foremost Insurance

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

I got a quote from proper insurance who cover Airbnb. $2k / year which is around 3x higher than my current homeowners. I find it hard to imagine they have much risk, especially with $10k deductible which would remove all but catastrophic claims and as ever they will depreciate, require receipts etc etc. They do however respond to email quickly.

Slice do do a daily rate which works out about the same. I use them when I sense risky guests and I'm not around to keep an eye. $50/ week. Have used them and very easy to set up. Have not claimed though.

I sense you can make more money offering Airbnb insurance than hosting Airbnb guests.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

I have no idea about inhome or shared space, but we have a commercial policy through Farmers for our rental place. I would start by talking to your current insurance agent and collecting information