Interface improvment: show map scale

Edward34
Level 3
England, GB

Interface improvment: show map scale

On the web interface it would be great if the Google Maps scale bar was not hidden under the "Language and Currency" button.

There would be enough space for this button between the Google logo and the copyright line or, better, it could be put at the top right of the map.

This is a slight tweak that would make a big difference in being able to approximate distance in unfamiliar cities a lot easier.

9 Replies 9
Oliver220
Level 1
Munich, Germany

It is simply ridiculous that the map scale is not being shown. A scale bar showing km/miles is one of the MOST important things on a map. We don't all **bleep**ing have cars, some of us have to walk from point to point. How far is it from point A to point B? Is it 50 meters, 2kms, 50kms? 

Gabriel391
Level 1
Fitzroy North, Australia

Yes, this is moronic. I've just joined AirBnB and was looking for the scale and couldn't believe that such a fundamental piece of information would be missing. Not helpful at all when trying to discern the proximity of a home to other locations in an area that you are unfamiliar with.

3 years on and the bug is not fixed yet.

Martin1178
Level 1
Lund, Sweden

Still not fixed. THE most basic information on the map is missing for 3 years. What are you doing airbnb ?

Brittany203
Level 1
Indianapolis, IN

I would almost bet this is intentional. There aren't any places available right down town where you want? Well that ONE place that is available LOOKS like it's close enough, I'll book it. Turns out it's 15k from where you want to actually be. If you knew that going in, you probably wouldn't have booked that place and may have gone to another vendor to look for something closer. Obfuscating the distance seems to be beneficial for Airbnb unfortunately. 

Now you spend money on Airbnb instead of going to a competitor to look for a closer place. 

yeah dudes. map scale is pretty basic.

Kylie156
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Still astounded that is not available. 

Yash118
Level 1
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Agreed

Lisa7370
Level 1
Missoula, Mt

So annoying and such a simple fix. Having this problem right now.... having to keep Google maps open next to it to figure out what I want to know.