Invoices for business travel

Gwen67
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Invoices for business travel

Hello, I am needing to have a business receipt for my stay and have added the business info but it only appears on the VAT invoice and not the receipt.  Does anyone know how to do this?  We haven't had out stay yet so I am imagining there will be an invoice at the end of the stay.  Is that correct?  Thanks to anyone who can help! Gwen

3 Replies 3
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Gwen67 

The vat invoice is for airbnb service charges, your contract for accommodation is with the host and they have to provide the receipt for accommodation. If you booked with a business listing this should not be a problem, send the host a message as they don't get notified that the booking is a business trip.

Unfortunately 99% of hosts are not vat registered and you won't get a vat invoice for the accommodation.

@Gwen67

Abb issues the invoices.... not hosts. Technically.....guests pay Abb, then Abb pays the host so there is no reason for the host to issue an invoice directly to the guest. 

I've had coworkers book an Abb using their personal Abb account for business travel and they had no trouble getting reimbursed with the invoice from Abb. 

You can just add your company name and VAT number to your invoice as described in this post one host shared with me https://airbnbase.com/invoice. Our financial department accept it without any issues.