Iphone app notification won't go away

Answered!
Joshua20
Level 3
Denver, CO

Iphone app notification won't go away

Dear Community,
I have a notification showing on my Airbnb app but no pending requests or messages at all. I've looked extensively, anyone have any ideas how to clear this as it may prevent me from replying to an actually request in a timely manner. I have redownload the app, turned notifications on and off. No notifications appear on the dashboard of the website. 

Joshua

1 Best Answer
Andrew174
Level 4
Minneapolis, MN

Logging out of my account on the app, and then logging back in seemed to do the trick for me. You can find the Logout button under the Settings.

View Best Answer in original post

145 Replies 145

I am having this same problem, have tried all 4 of your suggestions, and still cannot eliminate the bogus notification. In the desktop version it does seem to indicate that there is an unread message from the menu. But when I go messages, there are no unread ones. 

Paula691
Level 1
California, US

Happening to me for last two weeks and I have done all of the above and it is still there and I get the Network error message? 

Yoav1
Level 1
Modi'in-Maccabim-Re'ut, IL

Hi Paula

try to clean all the history, and after that turn off the iPhone, and again on

Brenda831
Level 2
Old Brownsboro Place, KY

This did not fix it for me

Simon801
Level 1
Byron Bay, AU

Logging in and out didn’t help me 

Micah64
Level 1
Little Rock, AR

Ditto. Logged out and back in but the notification is still there.

Brian1626
Level 1
Yonkers, NY

Same here, still have a message notification badge after logging out and reinstalling the app several times. 

Jared167
Level 3
New York, NY

What you have to do is ignore that the red dot is on your profile tab.  You'll have to go to your notifications.  Youll find that by clicking "inbox" (to the left of profile on the app).  From there youll see a bell logo on the top.  Select that and open those messages one by one and the notification will go away!  Hope that helps

You are a genius!!!!!!!! This has been annoying me for weeks but that fixed it!!!!!!! Thank you!!!

Thank you!!

Raquel534
Level 1
Westfield, NJ

Also having the same issue... when i click on the app it shows that there’s a notification on my profile page but i’ve opened up every menu within my profile and nothing will make it go away. Super frustrating!

Christopher955
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

Go to inbox then notifications (bell at top right) and clear the notification. That should help.

It worked!! FINALLY! Thank you

Kayla190
Level 1
Canandaigua, NY

A little late to the party.. but I have truly resolved this issue.  No logging out. No app reinstallation. 

When you go to your inbox, you will see messages you already read. In the top right corner is a little alert bell, if there are notifications from Airbnb reminding you about properties there will be a little red dot on it, you simply click on that and it will open “are you still interested in?..” places etc. from AirBnB.

You open, or remove the reminders and voila! Notifications gone. 🙂

How to remove Airbnb notifications iPhone