Iphone app notification won't go away

Answered!
Joshua20
Level 3
Denver, CO

Iphone app notification won't go away

Dear Community,
I have a notification showing on my Airbnb app but no pending requests or messages at all. I've looked extensively, anyone have any ideas how to clear this as it may prevent me from replying to an actually request in a timely manner. I have redownload the app, turned notifications on and off. No notifications appear on the dashboard of the website. 

Joshua

1 Best Answer
Andrew174
Level 4
Minneapolis, MN

Logging out of my account on the app, and then logging back in seemed to do the trick for me. You can find the Logout button under the Settings.

View Best Answer in original post

144 Replies 144
Emily1487
Level 1
Boston, MA

The “accepted answer” to this problem doesn’t actually work. I’ve logged out and back in, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, nothing works. @Airbnb admin NEEDS to look into this and provide a real solution. 

Phil3552
Level 2
Glen Rock, NJ

Hi - was happening for me too with a mysterious badge count of 2.  I followed a prior suggestion and it worked.

1.  Switch to hosting

2.  Go to Inbox

3.  Filter on unread 

4.  I found two old messages

5.  Read them and the badge count vanished

I think this is a relatively new problem; I don’t recall seeing the badge count like this prior.  I’m writing this in late Oct 2021 yet the messages I found were from 2016… I miss things from time to time but I don’t think I’ve gone five years without noticing this 🙂 

Hope this might help others too!

@Phil3552  Thank You! That finally did the trick... an old "unread" message from 2014! 

You did it! This has been driving me crazy. Since I am no longer a host, I couldn’t switch to hosting. I set up a property as if I was going to host it but I didn’t publish it. At that point I had the option to switch to hosting and I found the old messages from 2020. Much appreciated, Phil!  

Seth194
Level 1
Blue Ash, OH

Solved, Iphone notification number bubble. Followed the advice and found the solution for me. When I logged out and logged back in, the app signed me in as a guest or traveling. And there I had a notification from my recent dealing with AirBnB support that was the cause of the notification. Once I looked at this notification (actually deleted it) the notification bubble went away. 

Solution: Switch to traveling and check your messages and notifications. 

Gaby244
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Same problem have installed and reinstalled and logged in and out- it’s still there SO annoying! Come on Airbnb sort it out!

Gaby244
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Ok I followed advice above and switched to the hosting profile - (I haven’t hosted for a long time now but the info is still stored) there was a notification, which once read means I I could finally get rid of the pesky red dot! Thanks all for the advice! 

Lissa2235
Level 1
Albuquerque, NM

This did not work for me. Any other suggestions?

Ali16469
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Same issue here, going on for weeks. I tried everything suggested in this thread with no resolution. I just fixed it however by navigating to My Profile > Login & Security > Device History and logged out of all mobile and desktop devices. Logged back in. Resolved!

Kory1
Level 2
Vashon, WA

Logging out & back in as others indicate is only a momentary solution which means it is not a solution at all & thus this should not be marked as the best answer. It is like Microsoft Windows solution to all their bugs - shutdown & restart. Not a solution.  Not even a work around.

Shiela0
Level 1
San Luis Obispo, CA

I have the same problem, can't get rid of the notification! Why

It easily cleared when I cleared my cell phone messages by swiping down on my Android screen the clearing the Airbnb notification  

Me too. Anyone have any luck??
Rachelle7
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Me three!
KC1
Level 1
Dana Point, CA

I too am having the same issue! Have no idea what to do, and it's super annoying