Is It possible to block a guest from booking your property again?

Answered!

Is It possible to block a guest from booking your property again?

Almost four years of hosting and almost all our guests have been wonderful. But we have had two separate guests who we really don't want to host again for a variety of reasons. Is it possible to block those guests from rebooking after the two week rating period? Can we do this if we have insta-book? Would blocking the guests change our superhost status?

Thanks for any input!

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Melissa-and-Scott0 

You can block a guest by flagging a message:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2020/how-do-i-report-a-message-or-block-someone-on-airbnb

But it is a rather strong method...and airbnb will ask for explanation in the "flagging" form.

It will not change your superhost status

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Melissa-and-Scott0 

You can block a guest by flagging a message:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2020/how-do-i-report-a-message-or-block-someone-on-airbnb

But it is a rather strong method...and airbnb will ask for explanation in the "flagging" form.

It will not change your superhost status

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Melissa-and-Scott0 If you click "Would not host again" in the review process, the guest will not be able to instant book with you again. They will still be able to send a request but then you can decline it stating whatever reason you want. 

Unfortunately, we waited beyond the review process.

In the case of the first guest, we didn't realize they were a repeat guest (booked under a different name) until we reviewed the guest book after the review process. In the case of the second guest, we didn't feel the need to block during the review process but have recently felt the need due to continued messages we have received from the guest.

@Melissa-and-Scott0 In that case, do as Emiel says. Report/flag and then you are given the option to block. Airbnb makes this awkward, but it's the only option. When I've had to do this, in the explanation field I just indicate that I only wish the block the person, and suggest that it would be nice if Airbnb could provide a better way to do that.

Just out of curiosity, how did you decide to deal with the continued messages from the guest?  We have a similar issue and are wondering what to do.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I clicked the 'wouldn't host again' button and gave a particular couple a ropey review. They wrote to ask for some days last week. Awkward.