Is airbnb considered as airbnb booking?

Dora31
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Is airbnb considered as airbnb booking?

hi guys

I got a guest coming from a non EEA country. To enter the UK, the guest must have a valid visa and accomidtion booked.

He is hoping to book my room through AirBNB, does anyone know if an AirBNB booking would be accepted as a "hotel booking" for the purpose of letting him enter the country?

My accomodation is private and I advertise one room there. It is just to help expenses.

thanks

2 Replies 2
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Dora31 Ask your guest to print his reservation if ever he was already booked your place  and bring it to the UK embassy in his country or he can still visit the UK embassy in his country in order for him to get more information on how he can obtain a tourist visa before coming to the UK. As you know the UK home office treat non european very rudely and sometimes even unfairly during the border checking at the Airport so ask your guest to make sure he get a tourist visit before he leaves his country. Good luck!!!

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Dora31

If you look on www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/documents-you-must-provide

it gives you more indepth information on visa application procedures as you describe.

The answer to your question is that an applicant should have to supply such a document ONLY if specifically asked

and if they do have a requirement to provide a receipt, an airbnb booking is perfectly valid.

Asides from that, it is probably good practice to let guests needing visa advise and guidence seek it from professional 

bodies and not to get too involved yourself. @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 reply here illustrates clearly why.