Is airbnb letting hosts now COMPLETELY alone during COVID19??

Aya1654
Level 1
Sant Josep de sa Talaia, Spain

Is airbnb letting hosts now COMPLETELY alone during COVID19??

Just wondering if I read this right, that airbnb doesn't care at all anymore about cancelled reservations starting from June but still keeping all the reservations money incl. their high service fees with them??

2 Replies 2
David-And-Cristina0
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

Airbnb sent me an email that if my guests (that booked before March 14)that have reservations in June that there travel plans are effected by Covid 19. They can reschedule, cancel for a full refund, or travel credit. No pay out for host. Because it’s after May 31, you won’t get any relief. Hope that helps.

Aya1654
Level 1
Sant Josep de sa Talaia, Spain

After May airbnb doesn't care about made agreements anymore,....

AIRBNB is first in "line" and keeps their money (airbnb first approach before all other "partners"). They don't pay back any of the service fee!

2nd in "line" are guests: They get a voucher (as they can cancel if they like without proving anything...) but they don't get a refund even if airbnb announced it....

Last in line are hosts: They get ZERO,... not even the 12,5% from the relief fond anymore for canceled bookings after May. Airbnb announced it as 25% but in reality it's 12,5% >MAXIMUM< (if even!) for canceled COVID-19 reservations until May.... 25% sound better for the public that those think airbnb is helping a lot (they DON'T!). In reality it's AIRBNB FIRST and behind themselves they are not so interested in helping and last to help the hosts with the agreements they made on this platform. It's very very poor from airbnb and shows the company's real face.... #BrianChesky