Is anyone having problems with SMS Notifications?

Cathy463
Level 3
Raetihi, New Zealand

Is anyone having problems with SMS Notifications?

The SMS notifications to my phone have been very erratic this last week - perhaps they have a virus! LOL. 

Does anyone else have this problem?

We are in a rural location and our cell phone/internet service is not the strongest but I receive all other text messages without too much problem.  It is only the Airbnb notifications that do not come through.

Any thoughts please?

Many thanks.

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Cathy463 from up here in Auckland.

Hope you are doing well down there at Raetihi, awesome listing you have!!

There has been issues with the internet due to the sudden surge on people using it at home who have been bannished from their workplaces and out and about.

I'd expect it to get worse with our Government imposed Lock down.

Maybe clear your cache and reboot your devices and reset your Settings in your ABB profile, that sometimes helps.

There have been glitches from time to time with Text Alerts, as has been discussed previously here in CC - Use related keywords to find relevant topics.

All the best for lock down, sigh!

Central To All Home & Location,

Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Helen427 .

Yes we are fine down here.  Being farmers, life carries on as usual - minus guests.

You may be right about the extra loading on the cell phone networks as it was yesterday that I didn't receive any alerts.  It has happened previously as well but corrects itself.

Not only is our cell service patchy but our internet is challenging at the best of times.  We can't get broadband or wifi so have to hotspot off our cell phones :).  This frequently drops off right in the middle of a job!

Thank you for your suggestions and advice.  

Stay safe and have a great day.