Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Is it OK to leave wine for your guest?

Is it OK to leave wine for your guest? 

7 Replies 7
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Peggy19  I leave two bottles per group. You can leave wine provided you know that the guest is of legal drinking age. 

Peggy19
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi Letti, I have been leaving wine, cheese, crackers, apples, potatoes chips, chocolate bars, coffee, tea, water, and gum, I found that when I leave all that stuff for a guest that books more then 3 days they take it all and never mention it in there review, so I guess its back to chocolate, apples and one bottle of wine.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Peggy19 it is better if they don't mention it. Sometimes for any reason you won't be able to leave wine for some guests and you don't want them feeling left out. Even if they don't mention it, I am sure they appreciate it. 

Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

@Peggy19 @Ana1136 @Letti0 Just coming for another perspective - might the guest have recently jumped on to AA...they are going ok so far...then they see wine...

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Lyn3 someone might be lactose intolerant, then chocolate is out of consideartion, someone might have other food alergies... we can't cater to such specific needs, that is why we leave a bit of everything, they can always give the wine back or to someone else, and that is a very specific observation, I highly doubt that someone just finished an AA, jumped on a plane and came to relax in Macedonia, the country of wine in my case specifically 🙂 

Dave--and-Dana-0
Level 2
Glen Ellen, CA

We not only leave wine, but we took it a step further and created a custom wine named after our property.  It has an image of the house and a short 'thank you note' on the label.  It's always a hit with our guests.  It rarely goes unopened. 🙂 

NapaValleyPrivateLabelWine.com enables the label design and you can order as many bottles or as few as you like.  We generally order it a case at a time, so we're not sitting on too many bottles at any given time, and just reorder as needed.  

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lyn3 you make a valid point. I sometimes leave wine and I have thought about "what if someone is in recovery?".