Is it OK to list Parking Space without accommodation..?

Mayuna0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Is it OK to list Parking Space without accommodation..?

I would like to know if Airbnb allows to list only Car Parking Space without accommodation. Thanks.

11 Replies 11
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mayuna0 as far as I know Airbnb has just few property type options: entire home, private room or shared room

Maybe you can try VRBO? I think they have more options

@Branka-and-Silvia0Thank you for your replying. I can see some Airbnb hosts list their Parking Space as 'entire home' or 'private room', but I am not sure if Airbnb recognize and accept what they are doing. I have checked VRBO and it doesn't seem to have option for Parking Space Only.

@Mayuna0 hm...maybe those hosts have another listing with house or room and then they offer parking place to their guests to book as well. othervise I don't know how would people search for it and find it

@Branka-and-Silvia0I'm pretty sure that those hosts are advertising thier parking space to let, as they said in the description like 'NO ACCOMMODATION'. Probably it happens only in city area. Thank you for your replying.

@Mayuna0 well, then try to do the same 🙂

@Branka-and-Silvia0Well.. I don't want to take a risk to banned my account. That's why I'm asking the question above. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I've never heard of this @Mayuna0

Can you link to some of the listings you have seen in London that just offer a parking space?

Airbnb makes it clear that any listing needs to offer a place to sleep.

Mayuna0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen3, I could not find the listing what I've seen, but probably this host is doing exactly same thing:
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/15207264

I had the same issue. There was a host in my area with only a parking space listed. I called airbnb and was told Parking Spaces are allowed for example to place a mobile home or RV on. That was many months ago and I don't think RV parking spaces are in line with most of the listings, maybe even confusing to users.

@Mayuna0 I do not think Airbnb allows this. If you click the “Report this Listing” button, one of the reasons you can choose is “This listing is not an accommodation”

Mayuna0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Jose-and-Tania0@Cynthia-and-Chris1Hi, Thanks for your replies. It seems the parking space without an accomodation is not allowed to list. I will ask Airbnb a question about if there is a penalty for that, and will back here with any updates as long as I get hear back from them. Thanks.