Is it expected to make the bed evey morning with guess sending multiple nights?

Peter149
Level 1
Washburn, WI

Is it expected to make the bed evey morning with guess sending multiple nights?

6 Replies 6
Carrie23
Level 2
Portland, OR

Ciao Peter,

I would say no, unless your listing specifically states daily turndown service.

Unless you prefer to host mimicing a traditional bed and breakfast or hotel chain.

Many of my longer stay guests appreciate that they are able to :live: in the room without intrution.(sp) I just make sure to ask when I see them if they are comfortable, have and questions about their accommodations or if they simply need anything.

Hope that helped. Best wishes to you an your listing! Carrie

Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

I personally don't make the beds each day.  My limit for staying in the treehouse is 3 days.  They should be able to live with the sheets for 3 days.  🙂 

It's a treehouse for crap sake.  🙂  

Mike

That is a good question, how often should the sheets be changed in a multiple night stay?

And do you ask the guest if it's ok to enter the room if they are not there to vaccum or change sheets?

If a guest leaves for the day and leaves they lights, TV, window air conditioner on all day, can you go in and turn if off, or do you ask them if it's ok, or do you just go in and turn it off?

Maids enter guest rooms every day to make up a room without asking.  DO we ask to enter the room when a guest is not there?

I tell my guests up front (as part of my little greeting speech) that I won't be entering the room for the duration of their stay unless I detect something that needs adjustment like turning lights off, closing windows because it's raining, etc. and I will do this only when they're out of the room. They are generally fine with this, and I usually don't have to enter the room, but if I do then no one is upset.

Oh and I only give fresh sheets once a week.

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

We do the same as @Michele39 vis-a-vis entering the room.