Is it normal that Airbnb takes over a month to resolve a simple damage claim?

Nick2260
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Is it normal that Airbnb takes over a month to resolve a simple damage claim?

Hi all, 

I wondered if its normal that following a damage claim airbnb doesnt do anything for 1 month?!

I had a guest damage my mattress and even swap the bedsheet she damaged expecting I wouldnt notice however the replacement is totally the wrong size for the bed. 
To claim for my damages airbnb required an abundance of photos, descriptions, details of where it could be purchased, how much for, copy of the mattress cleaning receipt etc etc. 
After spending so much time on all of the above and being passed from one agent to another and it being apparently escalated etc, finally....nothing. 
Theyve stopped replying on emails, no response on the resolutions section or by chat. 

Is this the normal type of behaviour from Airbnb that many of you have experienced? I thought it was a professional, well-run platform but looks like mainly hype and empty words. 
Airbnb was already very sneaky with their small print regarding their damage guarantee. More luck than guarantee if youre able to experience any benefit from it. 

0 Replies 0