Is it possible to upload a video tour to a conversation prior to booking?

Dorothy138
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Is it possible to upload a video tour to a conversation prior to booking?

A potential guest has asked for a video tour prior to booking and I've done one but can't find a way to upload it.

I can see that airbnb considered this in 2018 and it looks as though they didn't go ahead... so just double checking.

With thanks in advance for your responses,

Dorothy

3 Replies 3
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

No, it is not possible to send a video or even a link prior to a confirmed booking, @Dorothy138 . 

Two options:

1. The guest could book, then you could send the link, and if they hate the place after seeing the video, they can cancel penalty-free within 48 hours. 
  2. You could send search terms for the video to the guest. They could then find it themselves. Don't use the words "Google" or "Youtube" or "Vimeo", etc.,  as they will be masked. Use whatever search terms make your video title unique. If you do not have the video posted somewhere, you will want to do that so it can be found.
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

To be honest your guest should be able to have the information they need from your description and photo’s @Dorothy138 

is this a long term stay? 

Dorothy138
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thank you both for taking time to respond.

Helen, yes, it's a one month booking.  There are plenty of photos on the listing and the description is complete so I wonder if this is a request for extra reassurance - one month is a long time and the person says she's 24.  She wanted to come and visit but airbnb make that difficult - editing out phone numbers and e-mail addresses.

Lawrene, I really appreciate your practical suggestions - they help enormously.  That helps me to share information I otherwise couldn't share.