Is it safe to host guests from Bangladesh in India

Answered!
Jeet61
Level 2
Faridabad, India

Is it safe to host guests from Bangladesh in India

I have got the guests 5 from Bangladesh in India on Medical Visa for a period of 2 months. I am not sure and a bit sceptical, Is it safe to host guests from Bangladesh for 2 month's continuous stay?

I have received a copy of their Passports, VISA and medical prescription. 

Is there anything else that I need to be careful about?

Please clarify my doubts.

Many Thanks

Love is in the Air, BnB is what I have
@>>;--
1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jeet61  Although your first post did sound discriminatory, your subsequent ones made your concerns clear.

I think about the only thing you can do is to let guests from Bangladesh know that they should have all their paperwork in order and legitimate, as the police in your area target their demographic and hassle them. 

But as a host, you really aren't responsible for whether a guest gets hassled because they don't have the proper paperwork to enter your country. That's their responsibility.

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12

@Jeet61  What safety concerns do you have that are specific to the guests coming from Bangladesh, as opposed to anywhere else?

@Anonymous 

Actually, I'm the host and guests are from Bangladesh.

Generally, they are not easily trusted in terms of proper documentation etc. And for that reason at times, local police also disturbs or even harass them for some reason or the other.

To avoid any such complications, I raised this concern.

Many Thanks

@>>;--

@Jeet61 To say people from a particular country 'are not easily trusted......' is racist. 

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 

Thanks for letting me know that, but here I am more concerned about my guests because the local Police, when learns someone is from Bangladesh, tries to bully them for XYZ reasons. My guests are very nice, polite and I don't want any sort of trouble for my guests.

Thanks for misunderstanding me though 😀

@>>;--
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would you feel there are specific concerns relating to hosts from Bangladesh? @Jeet61 

Hi @Helen3

Actually, I'm the host and guests are from Bangladesh.

Generally, they are not easily trusted in terms of proper documentation etc. And for that reason at times, local police also disturbs or even harass them for some reason or the other.

To avoid any such complications, I raised this concern.

Many Thanks

@>>;--
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

sorry I wrote hosts when I meant guests.

Airbnb is a platform committed to inclusion and diversity.  It says its hosts shouldn't discriminate against guests based on where they are from, their religion , sexuality etc. @Jeet61 

You cannot discriminate against guests from Bangladesh because some of their country men and women may not have the correct paperwork. Doing so does not show 'love' and could get you banned from Airbnb.

I suggest you read this https://www.airbnb.co.uk/diversity

and to understand more about persecution of migrants in India including those from Bangladesh have a look at this report.

https://www.odi.org/publications/6087-stories-harassment-violence-and-discrimination-migrant-experie...

Thanks for the reply @Helen3 

I have not discriminated anyone on any basis.

Considering the situation, my question was more about what all should I take care, in terms of guests visiting from a foreign country

Hope that clarifies.

Many Thanks

@>>;--

@Jeet61 

You have to follow the law requirements of your country.

Ex : in my case, i am obliged to rent for 1 month minimum to students and workers only with a written lease and a copy of the ID and a proof that they come to study or work (student card or university registration certificate or work certificate).

Thanks, @Nathalie-Et-Gilles0 😊

It's true we have to follow the law requirements of our country.

Precisely, that's what I wanted to know from the community, whether anyone here, has ever experienced any issues from their local law enforcement authorities, specifically for guests from Bangladesh.

@Helen3 & @Mike-And-Jane0, JUST TO BE CLEAR

I am not discriminating anyone, rather I am concerned about my guests' safety so that they have a nice experience after they leave.

Thanks

@>>;--
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jeet61  Although your first post did sound discriminatory, your subsequent ones made your concerns clear.

I think about the only thing you can do is to let guests from Bangladesh know that they should have all their paperwork in order and legitimate, as the police in your area target their demographic and hassle them. 

But as a host, you really aren't responsible for whether a guest gets hassled because they don't have the proper paperwork to enter your country. That's their responsibility.

Thanks so much @Sarah977 

The property is reserved by a Local guest here, who is only visiting weekly these guests from Bangladesh. As per conversations, they are here for Medical treatment and their Passport & VISA details have been shared with me. I believe that should be sufficient for me as a host.

Many Thanks again 🙂

@>>;--