Is the deadline of review based on local time?

Is the deadline of review based on local time?

Hi,

I know we have 14 days to write a review. So if the last day I can write review is June 13, is the deadline cut off time PST or EST of June 13th? I am based in California. Thanks!

Helen

58 Replies 58
Luke166
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Paul41 , I'm guessing as you're in the UK you'd be up. I notice on the booking's message thread it has been saying 'you have xxx left to leave a review'... Currently mine says 1 hour but I'm wondering if that means 1 hour plus x minutes or 'less than one hour'... As of writing this message it's 13:16 GMT

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Fortunately we do no longer have to guess when the review periode ends. 

When there is less tham 24 hours left to leave a review to a guest it now tells how many hours is left to do so. 

I noticed back when we couldn't see hours that the opportunity to leave a review to a guest could still appear to be there with the box on the last day. But when wanting to submit the review it said "error". It is really nice that we can now see how long we got to review.

I use google chrome on my smart phone to see this. And as I said ot will show hours left the last 24 hours. Screenshot_20190828_215604.jpg

For anyone else looking for the page that Sandra took a screenshot of, it seems it is only accessible on desktop or mobile version of website. I could not find the page in the AirBnB app.

On the airbnb website you can go to /users/reviews

You can also go to your profile -> scroll to bottom -> open the link to "reviews by you"

Hi @Nicholas-and-Tomoko0 🙂

You can see it when using the app as well. When it is time to write a review of a guest you will be able to see it in the inbox. If you press "write a review" you will get to the first step in the review and it will show days and if less than 24 hours left then hours left to write the review. 

@Sean433 Did you read my comment? I have been writing about it in other threads about the subject. You don't have to guess anymore.

Best, Sandra 

@Sandra856 

Hi Sandra, I don't see this clock anywhere. See the pictures below. The first picture is my reservation list. The Guest name Alan left on October 14, so today is the last day to leave a review. I click on review and don't see a clock1.JPG

2.JPG

@Sean433 You have to press the red "review" meaning you have to enter the review. You can't see it from your inbox. 

@Sandra856 

I did press review. The second image below the first is a screen shot of the review page. There is no clock there. This is the 14th day of this guests check-out.

Do you not think my second theory would work in case I can't find this clock?

Do you have the airbnb app @Sean433 ?

I don't have a review to write until Saturday so I can't show you with a screenshot. But if you got the app and press write review it will show hours left to write the review. If you haven't got the app yet then just download it. 

@Sandra856 

Yes I do. Here is a snapshot of the app. Still no clock.

3.JPG

4.JPG

@Sean433 I have never seen that it said 0 days to review - it has always showed days and then the last 24 hours - hours? Can you try using airbnb via a browser and not the app on your phone? 

@Sean433 Could it be that it is already to late to review? 

@Sandra856 

I have tried both the browser and App. I do remember about a month or go or so seeing this clock but I haven't seen it in a while.

It is not too late to leave a review because it still shows me the red tab to leave a review. Today is the last day. I am guessing sometime around 3:00pm. This is not the person I want to leave a bad review for, it is just an example I am using to see the cut off time. The actual bad guest I am referring to has 10 days left.

Do you think my second theory would work? About writing the review, keeping the window screen open for 5 hours or so past 3:00pm and then click submit? I wonder what would happen if I click submit several hours later

@Sean433 I really hope they haven't erased the opportunity to see how much time we got left to review. 

When it comes to the time frame I only had til I think it was around noon to leave a review.

I'm having friends over for dinner so I'm afraid I don't have much time tonight to discuss. I'm sorry about that. Best, Sandra 

@Sandra856 

No problem, I appreciate your effort. If you discover later on that you see the clock, let me know. Otherwise I will try my second theory out and let you know how that worked.

Thanks, @Sean433 :-). Keep me updated and I will also look out for the clock next time I got a review to write 🙂