Is the one-time 20% deal to the first 3 reservations automatically deducted from the amount???

Mariela44
Level 2
Limassol, Cyprus

Is the one-time 20% deal to the first 3 reservations automatically deducted from the amount???

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the amateur question. We are new to AirBnb. I was just wondering if the one-time 20% deal to the first 3 reservations is automatically deducted from the total price. The reason I am asking is because guests keep asking for lower prices and further offers and discounts. Additionally Airbnb gives me an option to provide Special offer to the guest I am communicating with. This made me think that maybe the special offer might not be automatically deducted. Also on the pricing information on the left hand side this 20% special offer is not shown, the only amount deducted is the service fee of Airbnb.

Thank you very much in advance,

Regards,

Mariela

14 Replies 14
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Mariela44. That 20% discount should be deducted automatically and appear on the booking form before clicking that final 'book.'

As for the special offer option, it is for something else - if you want to charge a guest differently from your price settings.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Cyprus.jpg

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thank you very much.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mariela44 guests who ask for a discount are usually worst guests 😞

@Mariela44@Branka-and-Silvia0 is entirely correct: guests who ask for discounts generally are the picky guests who do not see the value of your listing, and do not know how to appreciate a good host.

Whenever someone asks us for a discount, we tell them: "We don't usually do any discounting; we already have set our price to be lower than other listings with similar amenities and location, and so we hope you can see it is a good value as it is.
We understand if you must look elsewhere if our listing is beyond what you are hoping to spend for this trip."

Phil108
Level 2
State College, PA

Hope you do not mind if I add a request for a clarification on this subject... I have the following on my new listing:

Special offer: 20% off this home

This host is offering a one-time deal to the first 3 guests who book a trip between now and April 24.

A guest just made a booking for June and did not see the discount appear. Is it the case that the period of the stay has to be prior to April 24 or just that they place the booking prior to April 24?

Many thanks in advance.

Tammy-L-0
Level 2
Midland, Canada

As per the Special Offer: 20% off to the first 3 guests who book a trip between now and April 24.

I had a guest inquire but is not planning to stay until say June 9th, and the 20% off did not appear on her payment page.  Is this because they need to book AND actually stay between now and April 24??? 

Jacquie33
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I have the same question! I also switched on smart pricing at first, and the prices were so low, I didnt know whether the site had automically deducted the 20% from the daily rate already, and after 3 bookings it would revert to a more reasonable price? or will I need to switch off the discount manually once I have 3 bookings?

Thanks in advance.

I have this situation too, I would like to turn-off this special offer, please guide us how to do that! Thank in advance.

I did it, please go to calendar, and remove this. For your reference. Thank you.

how to do that? i cant find the turning off option

Marilyn157
Level 2
Denver, CO

I opted to do 20% new listing discount and am also sending guest a special offer.  It only let's me put in a single dollar amount. I included lodging and cleaning and extra person fee.  Will airbnb automatically discount the 20% and where will that show up?  Their price on inbox looks higher than I calculated. 

Please advise how can i add this 20% offer for 1st 3 bookings to my listing???!!!

I just put my listing on an Airbnb automatically did my 20% off well it actually asked me if I wanted to do it and I did it it is used for the first three customers only however the 20% discount shows up all the way through August 9 but I think after the first three it goes back to regular rate I also put in my amount that I wanted for my home because I felt like it was valued more than what Airbnb was giving me but I still get the 20% off of it and it still gives them a good deal at the same time