Is the service fee adjusted for cancelled nights?

Nic44
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Is the service fee adjusted for cancelled nights?

Hi there.

I want to book a 25 night (15 Dec - 9 Jan) stay at a place with flexible cancellation. However, it's possible that I want to go for a short trip during the middle of that stay (for example, I'd go away from 22 Dec to 26 Dec)

In that case, I'd ask to shorten the original booking to end on the 22nd, and then make a second booking for 26 Dec - 9 Jan.

However, my concern is that I'd be paying the Service Fee for 25 nights when I book now, then I'd have to pay *another* fee for the second booking I make. Is this assumption correct, or would the Service Fee be adjusted and partly refunded when I change the length of the first booking?

Thanks

1 Reply 1
Louise231
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

hi @Nic44

I'm not sure if you'd be charged the fee's twice (my gut says if you sent an adjustment request to the host, and if they accepted then you probably wouldn't be, but if you just cancelled the days then re-booked second part you probalby wouldn't get them back.

But you might want to be mindfull that even if the host has flexible cancellation, you may want to mention the going away for a part when you book.

It's fair to go away at xmas, i can understand why you might want to, but keep in mind your host may also be away. If you are origonally booked from mid december to jan, it's perfectly understandable for your host to not be available on the 26th/27th/28th etc to re-check you in.

And it's hardly fair of you to keep the keys while you're away if you are not paying...